Results & Recovery Drink, Does it really help lose weight???

Options
I'm trying to purchase the results and recovery drink. But before I do, I'd like to know if it really works and if anyone has seen faster results while taking it vs. when they weren't drinking it???

Any help would be appreciate!! :)

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    BUMP I would like to know peoples opinions
  • socalg
    socalg Posts: 8
    Options
    Recovery drinks will not help you lose weight, but are designed to help your muscles "recover" from very strenuous workouts.

I use Gatorade G3 Recovery drinks after P90X workouts, who really knows if they work or not.

Here is a site for a recovery drink MIKE'S MIX that explains everything you need to know about recovery drinks. I tried his stuff and it tastes OK, but not really sure i want to buy in bulk.

www.mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/

Gary
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about BeachBody's results and recovery drink, I don't use it (too expensive and the reviews for taste are poor to fair). What I do (and I am P90X lean BTW...Day 1 of Week 3) is I drink GNC 100% Whey (Cookies and Cream) mixed in 8oz. of water 30-45 minutes before I work out. Immediately after the workout, I drink the same GNC 100% Whey mixed in 4oz. of 1% lowfat chocolate milk.

I am getting great results so far. I've lost 5.8 pounds, and I have decreased in all measurables with the exception of my arms where I have made about 1/4" gains in muscle.

I am not following the nutrition plan to the letter, but I have changed MFP's food goals to 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat like the Fat Shredder Phase 1 nutrition plan.

In addition to the pre and post recovery drinks, I will throw in a protein shake to augment my protein requirements and have a Casein Protein shake just before I go to bed.

Last, but not least, I am trying to watch the sodium intake to keep it below 2500mg, drink TONs of water, and I am trying to get in 2-3 cups of hot green tea in me (I count the tea in my water consumption).

So far, so good. My energy remains up during the workouts and I am sweating like hell...

Good luck to you...
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I agree with socalg in terms of recovery drinks not DIRECTLY affecting weight loss. But, if you are going to put in the effort and sweat to work your body in a resistance workout, you should minimize the muscle loss by having a recovery drink. Keeping the muscle mass you gain by working out will help burn additional fat calories while you are static since muscles need more energy to do their thing.

As Tony Horton says, "It's all a puzzle...all the pieces fit".

One thing to add, I use GNC because I live five minutes from the local mall and there is a GNC in the mall. I hate paying shipping and handling for something I can get in 10 minutes. No product loyalty at all...the stuff tastes decent and it seems to work.

I think all of these products work as designed...it comes down to price and tase, IMHO.