Protine

Options
I never even come close to the amount of protein it says to have in a day. Any suggestions for foods that tast good and have protine.

Replies

• destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I never even come close to the amount of protein it says to have in a day. Any suggestions for foods that tast good and have protine.
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you could keep hard boiled eggs in your fridg. they have 6 g per egg. add some protein powder to your smoothies. you can get it in diff flavors. yogurt (the kind without a ton of added sugar) has a good amount of protein too. there's a pretty wide selection of protein bars too. kashi makes a whole grain granola bar that has 7 g per bar, and they're only about $3.50 for a box of 6.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I have the opposite problem, I'm constantly going over on my protein! Seems like almost EVERYTHING has protein, but especially meat and peanut butter, which I LOVE!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    do you eat meat? other foods are beans, nuts, seeds, peas to name but a few... hope that helps :smile:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    drink your milk!! 1 cup has 9 gms of protein!
  • Davidsalthouse
    Options
    Boost Shakes or Potein bars

Both taste pretty good, at least to me!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the suggestions. I do eat meat on occasion but not a ton. I love Salmon and chicken but even with those everyday I still do not come close. I am usally at about 50 per day with really trying to get protein in my diet. Is it bad to be under?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I'd say your better off being over than under and you should make an effort to reach your daily target

Our bodies are still as they were in gave man days, when times were good there was alot of meat, (protien), I think the body responce to the new life style better if it sees times as being good, hence healty amounts of protien.

Al