Results & Recovery, Does it really help lose weight??

Options
I'm trying to purchase the results and recovery drink. But before I do, I'd like to know if it really works and if anyone has seen faster results while taking it vs. when they weren't drinking it???

Any help would be appreciate!! :)

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am not sure which Results & Recovery formula you are talking about... but I have used the P90X R&R and I love it. I have also just done a good protein with a banana and that's good too. I have also heard chocolate milk is great... but don't eat dairy/milk so I won't take that....

P90X R&R (and any other) is not meant for weight loss but is meant to help your muscles recover from an intense workout. It restores glycogen levels when your muscles are the most "absorbent" and during that first 45 minutes after an intense session is when they need carbs/protein most. This helps with soreness & "bounce back" after a hard core workout. This is not something you should do (IMHO) after just any workout... but after a 6+ mile run, or an extremely difficult (to failure) weight lifting session that lasts longer than the usual 30-35 minutes, etc.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The Results and Recovery drink is for post workout to help reduce muscle soreness, aid in muscle repair and re-energize you. Its not really meant for weight loss.
  • darnold67
    darnold67 Posts: 36
    Options
    It doesn't help with weight loss, but it is great for drinking during or after your workout. If you've worked out really hard it helps the muscles to recover faster. I really reccommend it!
  • jrk11
    jrk11 Posts: 3
    Options
    Results and Recovery is primarily to help strained, fatigued muscles recover. If your plan is to burn fat by doing cardio and lose fat by dieting, but are not incorporating weight training to build muscle, R and R will be of little benefit. If you are doing weight/strength training to add muscle, then it's very helpful. Make sense?? Good luck.