Tuna fish

Options
aflane
aflane Posts: 625 Member
I'm eating lunch now, and just feel like shouting .... I LOVE TUNA FISH!!! I used to hate it in the cans, cause it tasted tin can'ish, but they came out with the pouches, and now i just LOVE TUNA FISH! Eating it now with lemon, canola mayo on top of crispy crunchy melba toast (my fav crackers). There! I've done my tuna fish rant/dance. <rofl>

But why does it make me burp so much at the gym? Stay upwind!!

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Me too! I eat it almost everyday :D

I dont get the fishy burps tho xD

also for anyone else responding... have you heard about the mercury content? I heard it changed from only being safe 3 times a week to more now
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat too much, if any tuna. It has extremely high levels of mercury, higher than just about any other fish. The mercury gets absorbed by your body and is stored primarily in the brain. And because it's a water soluble, organic form of mercury it's easily absorbed but very difficult to get flushed from the body. So you end up with high levels of mercury being stored in your brain. High levels of heavy metals in the brain has been linked with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, schizophrenia, as well as Autism in children and other diseases. And, if you eat if from a can you'll be ingesting high levels of BPA which can cause reproductive harm, among other things.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I just ate a tuna steak from a pouch!! It's perfect for college kids who don't have time or are too lazy to cook. I throw it on a salad with some vinaigrette and it's like I cooked or something! lol
  • marmite230
    Options
    If you listened to all the health warnings about food, you'd never eat.
    Fresh or canned fish 3 times a week has no adverse effects.
    Plus the good in the fish far outweighs the evil.
  • TinkerBellSand
    Options
    I make my tuna with Veganaise (grape seed), red onion, dill, mustard and lemon. I eat it plain or sometimes ona bed of sprouts.no breads. DELISH!!!!

TUNA ROCKS!!

ALL IN MODERATION!!!