Shakeology VS. Protein shake + multivitamin

Options
I keep hearing all these wonderful things about Shakeology. My question is... Is it really that much different than a good protein shake and a decent multivitamin? Shakeology is somewhat pricey. Especially compared to just a normal protein shake and a multivitamin! If it is better... why is it? I'm not doubting it really, just curious. Its a great concept, but I'm not wanting to spend alot on something when I could get something else just as beneficial and save a little bit of money.

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i hear that shakology is best for people who work out hardcore & need to replenish their protein... so yeah i'm thinking a good protein shake, some benefiber, & a multivit would be just as efficient, just probably not as beneficial as ridding yourself of all the toxins that it claims. i've never tried it, but i know a few people who use it religiously, all of which are part of the beachbody program.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have been using Shakeology since last year and its for anyone. I first noticed more energy and then of course weight loss but then I noticed that my immune system was stronger. In fact it got sooo much better that I was able to throw away my allergy medication. I used to get sick alot from allergies and colds and all of that stopped. A multivitamin and protein shake never did that for me and I know because I took them for a long time before I switched to Shakeology. It has 5 servings of fruits and veggies, protein, antioxidants, and digestive enzymes just to name a few. Its amazing. Ask a coach for a sample so you can try it for yourself. Its been an awesome ride and I tell EVERYONE I know about how Shakeology has made my life so much better.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Go to www.shakeology.com for a listing of all that Shakeology contains and does.

In short, protein shake + multi falls short in many ways. There's no probiotics, digestic enzymes, and lots more stuff listed at the website.

The other option is beneficial, but not nearly as beneficial as Shakeology.

I used to drink protein shakes as post workout meals, and take a multi every morning. After I tried Shakeology for a month, I could see and feel huge differences in my health and weight loss efforts and have been drinking Shakeology everyday. I haven't bought multi-vitamins since.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i hear that shakology is best for people who work out hardcore & need to replenish their protein

Unfortunately you heard someone speaking incorrectly. It's not better for any group of people than the others. My Sgt. here at work does not exercise very often, but drinks Shakeology everyday. He has lowered his cholesterol, regulated his blood sugar, and reduced his weight by changing only 1 thing: drinking Shakeology everyday instead of the protein shake that he used to have.

It's not a protein shake. It has a good bit of protein in it, but it not intended to be a protein shake.
  • jackiemarie
    jackiemarie Posts: 111
    Options
    I love my shakeology. One thing I like about it is It keeps me full from 7a to 11a! Has so many beneficial ingrediants. And yes it is pricey but I was buying all different vitamins and supplements that I don't anymore so that makes me feel better about it :)
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall!! That really does help me out alot!! Makes me wanna buy it!!! :) Hahaha. Do yall drink it in the morning for breakfast? Lunch? What meal...?
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    this stuff seems way overpriced, but i guess if it helps people feel healthy and keeps them motivated then more power to them.
  • barberella
    barberella Posts: 199
    Options
    Does Shakeology contain a lot of sugar? ANd where do you purchase it? Online? I've looked for it at 3 different nutrition centers and I've not seen it carried. I'm on a low sugar, low carb diet and does that seem to be a good shake compared to my high protein shake I currently take in the morning that has very low sugar and low carbs?
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    beachbody.com but I don't know about sugar and carbs.... :-/
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Or you could go the easier, cheaper route: Which is eat lean meat and a good variety of nutrient-dense vegetables. :smile:

I've tried protein shakes and stuff but it just doesn't fill me up as good when I drink my calories instead of chewing them.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Beachbody coach, just for the discount. I never tried to sell anything to anyone.

Don't buy it. Seriously, just don't. It isn't even a little bit expensive, its RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. As far as the other benefits of it like the vitamins and probiotics, you can get those on sale at the drug store for way less than the price of ShakeO. I will say that the shake isn't bad for you, so if you don't mind paying the very high price of it, then I guess why not? Just don't believe the hype.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Or you can just eat food...

Shakeology is a marketing gimmick. There's no magic there.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I'll add that I do love having my green smoothie everyday. I put tons of spinach, herbs, fruit, and chia seeds in it and it tastes great! It's something I actually look forward to everyday, so I wouldn't discount how enjoyable "drinking" your food can be. But, some people are 100% chewers and that's cool too :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a good bit of green veg and other real food, I use protein powder as a supplement, I take a daily multivitamin (only one, which is half the dose reccomended on the bottle), plus B12 and vitamin D because my bloodwork showed me moderately deficient in the first and practically non existent in the second.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Edit: Double post
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    You could go ahead and drink shakeology, or you could spend half the money and buy real food and cook it yourself.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meh. I don't see anything revolutionary there.

http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/shakeology/pdf/shakeology_vanilla_supp_facts.pdf

And is it REALLY $129 for 30 servings? REALLY? :noway:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Great, necro thread bumped by a coach.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Holy Zombie post... this was posted 3.5 years ago... Leave it to a beachbody "coach" to bump a shakeology thread.