Hi

Options
I just joined last week. Looking for a good food tracker as many sites I've tried to use are such a pain. So far this system seems to work pretty well. I like having the app on my phone too.

I just started p90x a few weeks ago after years of telling myself that program was too long and too hard. I woke up one day and decided to stop with that kind of talk and just start. If I couldn't do all the exercises and needed to modify so be it.

I've done a lot better than I expected. Just goes to show what we are capable of if we just let ourselves try. I just started the 3rd week on Saturday. I've already gotten a lot stronger. I've made some adjustments, substituting in Turbo Fire for most of the cardio days. This past weekend I didn't feel so well so I took it easy and did 30 min on the elliptical on Sunday.

One of my concerns has always been that I don't sleep well and my energy can be very variable. I usually have a hard time geting up to work out early in the morning too. My sleeping patterns haven't changed but I feel great throughout the day due to the workout. I have to do a better job getting in bed earlier since I am getting up at 5 though. This time it hasn't been rough getting up in the morning either which was odd. I think because I made the decision and was so excited about doing the workout that I was up before the alarm the first day.

I've been losing inches but not much weight so far. I need to do a better job on the food. I haven't really started following the p90x eating plan yet. I keep meaning to go through the book and put that into place but I haven't gotten to it.

I can tell by the food I am tracking that sugar is a big enemy for me. Even on the days I feel I am doing really well in my eating I usually end up going over on the sugar - ugh.

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Maybe you should treat working out like a job. Like if you don't go you will get in trouble. I bought my gym membership and I didn't get the child care, because-hey I could just go at 5 am. Not even a week later I changed to child care and I go pretty much every day. The nice thing about it is that I make appts for my kids to be watched and then I feel I have to go, but really I just want to go. However I started working at a Bootcamp gym out here and I go in at 5 am. You better believe I am up for that. So as I said before-treat it like a job and you will get up.