I can do this!!!

Options
Hello! Im new, obviously! My name is Jaelle, and I am 27- I was always a very very small person, throughout my life, pre kids. I never weighed over 98 lbs. Then I was told by my doctor that I needed to gain weight or I would never get pregnant! So I gained weight, and ended up with three gorgeous kids! Unfortunately, I gained a ton of weight, and didnt lose any in between kids, and then I got very ill last year. So im incredibly overweight and I truly believe that I became sick because of all of this extra weight on my body- i am very short and im just not meant to be overweight. So , Im here and Im ready and Im excited!!!! I need motivation, or else I will just be lazy. So I looked into all the free online diet trackers, and I really am excited about this one- I chose it because it is simple to use, and their seems to be great support from everyone! I am ready to eat healthy, get moving and try and cure my illness. I want to be a fun active mommy for my kids and I want to be able to go out with my gorgeous husband and be proud! Can't wait to meet everyone and get started!!
:heart:

Replies

• momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im new, obviously! My name is Jaelle, and I am 27- I was always a very very small person, throughout my life, pre kids. I never weighed over 98 lbs. Then I was told by my doctor that I needed to gain weight or I would never get pregnant! So I gained weight, and ended up with three gorgeous kids! Unfortunately, I gained a ton of weight, and didnt lose any in between kids, and then I got very ill last year. So im incredibly overweight and I truly believe that I became sick because of all of this extra weight on my body- i am very short and im just not meant to be overweight. So , Im here and Im ready and Im excited!!!! I need motivation, or else I will just be lazy. So I looked into all the free online diet trackers, and I really am excited about this one- I chose it because it is simple to use, and their seems to be great support from everyone! I am ready to eat healthy, get moving and try and cure my illness. I want to be a fun active mommy for my kids and I want to be able to go out with my gorgeous husband and be proud! Can't wait to meet everyone and get started!!
    :heart:
  • zuly69
    zuly69 Posts: 14
    Options
    WELCOME !!:smile: I am new too !! I too was small and a very bad thyroid messed me up BAD ! anyways got 35 lbs to go and going to the gym...so keep active and stay positive... Ithink this website IS GREAT so far ! KEEP IN TOUCH ...ZULEMA
  • zuly69
    zuly69 Posts: 14
    Options
    P.S. I HAVE TWINS THAT ARE 4 so that didnt help my weight LOL !!:laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best site on the web Jaelle! You DID pick the easiest, most supportive calorie counter, and you've got every right to be excited, because it REALLY works! I never in a million years thought that it would be possible to lose all the weight that I wanted to, yet, I'm halfway there already! And it's been fun and fairly easy to do too!
  • artnoren
    artnoren Posts: 54
    Options
    You can do this and you must do it for yourself and your family. I was in a wheelchair at Christmas and not given much of a chance of ever getting out of it. I have pulmonary hypertension and I'm on 6 liters of oxygen 24/7. I have lost 77 lbs. and I walk two miles every day and do resistance band exercises 3 times a week. I've sent the wheelchair back and the electric cart is packed away. I'm no kid either. I'm 66 years old. But, I still feel I have a lot of living to do. If an old man like me can do it so can you!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    You can do this and you must do it for yourself and your family. I was in a wheelchair at Christmas and not given much of a chance of ever getting out of it. I have pulmonary hypertension and I'm on 6 liters of oxygen 24/7. I have lost 77 lbs. and I walk two miles every day and do resistance band exercises 3 times a week. I've sent the wheelchair back and the electric cart is packed away. I'm no kid either. I'm 66 years old. But, I still feel I have a lot of living to do. If an old man like me can do it so can you!

WOW Art, congratulations on your GREAT accomplishment!!! Way to go!!! :smile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You CAN DO THIS!
    We are all doing it together!
    Eat, Drink, Exercise!
    easy as that!
    :heart: Jennifer
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    ZULY69- Thanks so much!!!! I have twins that are 4 too!!! Well sort of- had twins, but lost one while pregnant, but i had already gained all the weight for twins, so it was kind of a mess! I am so excited about this sight. Today was my first full day, and I did great!!!! I know it was because i had to check in tonight and post my calories, etc. I even exercised today for the first time since I got sick!!!
    I feel great today!
    Jaelle
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    Brennew- Thanks so much for the encouragement! i have had a wonderful day today, and I know it is because of this sight- i had to come report!
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!
    jaelle
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    artnoren- WOW!!!!!:smile: Great job!!!! You have defintely given me hope- last year i was using a walker to walk- i am much better that way, but i have a long way to go, and i know that i can make myself healthier by eating well and exercising! Thanks so much for giving me hope- and GREAT JOB!!!!!
    Jaelle
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    jenbar- thanks so much for the encouragement. I adore this sight so far!!!
    I am excited!
    Jaelle
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Brennew- Thanks so much for the encouragement! i have had a wonderful day today, and I know it is because of this sight- i had to come report!
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!
    jaelle

Thanks! And from here on out, you'll have ALL wonderful days! You'll be as addicted to this site and happy with yourself and the rest of us are!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Jaelle... Welcome! MFP has so many generous people who are willing to offer support, encouragement, and motivation. You will love it! :smile:
  • sferguson
    sferguson Posts: 13
    Options
    Jaelle~

I am new too! This is a cool website. I have yet to lose my first pound but I am doing things by the rules so I know it will take time. Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    I've lost four pounds!!!!! What an amazing thing for me- this is my first week, and the support is amazing. Thank you so much! I feel better than ever!
    Love, Jaelle
    I couldnt have done this without my new friends at myfitnesspal!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • northernmama705
    Options
    Congrats on a great kickstart to your weight loss journey:drinker: This is a great supportive community!!
  • deptwhitelight
    Options
    hi, i am a newbie also. I'm 50(age caught up with me.....hehe) I have 5kids (all grown now) the youngest is getting ready to go into the marines and four beautiful grandbabies. I just found out that I need to lose weight for my health. Within the past month I found out that I have severe obstructive sleep apnea. I also have MS, hypothyroid, arthritis and GERD. Enough on a list to have to add the sleep disorder. I was told if I lost most of my weight that would also help with most of the rest of my list of stuff. I hope I can lose this weight as I don't like the way I look. I have been on the large side most of my adult life. My doctor told me about this site to help me in the journey to lose the weight. I do plan on doing my best. My one issue is not getting the exercise I know would help. I usually don't eat but once a day so trying to get to making myself eat three times a day is going to be difficult. I am looking forward to working with this site.
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    deptwhitelight-
    my mom has ms too, and i have already been to doctor for ms like symptoms, so I know that I need to make serious changes to my diet, etc. I was so excited to lose 4 lbs last week, but here it is monday and I made a horrible choice for breakfast, i had poptarts. Now Im bummed! But I logged on here and wrote it in my journal, so I know how many calories I have left today and Im going to make smart choices! i also have a goal to exercise today. Little steps! I can do this!!!!!!!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Jaelle-I, too, am new to this website, and I've found so much support, and I'm excited to finally be moving in a positive direction to getting my weight off and being healthy! I, too, am short, 5' tall, and I've kept the weight on after having my last child...15 years ago!!!:grumble: So the fat's sort-of settled in and is very resistant!!! But with the help of everyone on this site and good eating choices and exercise, I am confident it will eventually come off. And YOU can do it, too!!! Let's do it together! :flowerforyou:
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    fit2btied- cute dog!!! Thanks for the encourgement! We wil definetly do this together!!! I know we can! It helps soooo much to track what ive done here, and to have the support. I would never be doing this without this website. That is for sure!
    :flowerforyou: