I have a confession to make

Options
2»

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Dear LilRicki:

This is an official communication from the I.R.E.S. (Intake Recording Enforcement Service). Based upon information this office has received, we must notify you that we will be conducting an immediate audit of your intake and exercise records. Please have available complete copies of your food journals, as well as all grocery and restaurant receipts for the past three years. We will also be conducting a complete inventory of your kitchen and pantry, as well as any extra-kitchenal food storage areas you may keep, such as a garage or basement refrigerator or freezer, or the drawer in your bedside table where you stash your secret supply of Mars Bars. If your actual intake is found to have exceeded your recorded intake, you may be subject to penalties as outlined below.

If you are unable to demonstrate (using, for example, recorded data from a heart rate monitor) your exercise output, you will not be permitted to count those calories toward your total calories-burned. You may be penalized for any calories you reported as burned that you cannot demonstrate as having been, in fact, burned by you, as outlined below.

Possible penalties for underreporting calories consumed or overreporting calories burned include being made to wear a "fat suit" representative of the calories you did not burn, as well as clothing in an appropriate larger size than you believe you are entitled to wear, public mockery, and the possibility of an appearance on the cover of The Star, the National Enquirer, or similar publication under the banner, "WEIGHT LOSS FRAUD!!!!"

Please do not be overly concerned about this audit; our agency is renowned for its fair and balanced approach to calorie audits. If you should feel that you have not been treated fairly, you may lodge a grievance in writing with our Grievance Department, c/o Jillian Michaels.

Sincerely,

Ms. Persnicket
    I.R.E.S.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Dear LilRicki:

This is an official communication from the I.R.E.S. (Intake Recording Enforcement Service). Based upon information this office has received, we must notify you that we will be conducting an immediate audit of your intake and exercise records. Please have available complete copies of your food journals, as well as all grocery and restaurant receipts for the past three years. We will also be conducting a complete inventory of your kitchen and pantry, as well as any extra-kitchenal food storage areas you may keep, such as a garage or basement refrigerator or freezer, or the drawer in your bedside table where you stash your secret supply of Mars Bars. If your actual intake is found to have exceeded your recorded intake, you may be subject to penalties as outlined below.

If you are unable to demonstrate (using, for example, recorded data from a heart rate monitor) your exercise output, you will not be permitted to count those calories toward your total calories-burned. You may be penalized for any calories you reported as burned that you cannot demonstrate as having been, in fact, burned by you, as outlined below.

Possible penalties for underreporting calories consumed or overreporting calories burned include being made to wear a "fat suit" representative of the calories you did not burn, as well as clothing in an appropriate larger size than you believe you are entitled to wear, public mockery, and the possibility of an appearance on the cover of The Star, the National Enquirer, or similar publication under the banner, "WEIGHT LOSS FRAUD!!!!"

Please do not be overly concerned about this audit; our agency is renowned for its fair and balanced approach to calorie audits. If you should feel that you have not been treated fairly, you may lodge a grievance in writing with our Grievance Department, c/o Jillian Michaels.

Sincerely,

Ms. Persnicket
    I.R.E.S.

OMG that was awesome...and I can't stand Jillian Michaels lol
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Dear LilRicki:

Sincerely,

Ms. Persnicket
    I.R.E.S.

HYSTERICAL! Thanks for the laugh :)
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think we all do it...just not all of us admit it. I love french vanilla creamer and while one serving is one tbsp, I have to admit I don't always log that I put like 3 or tbsps in my coffee in the morning.

Don't feel bad, keep up the good work :)
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    I also struggle with maintaining honesty - sometimes I'm tempted to cheat on my log so it'll look better than what I've actually done! It's just another way I try to avoid accountability, though, so I've got to take the red numbers and get back on track. :-D
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I'll have my days when I know I don't eat what I should and am waaay over my calories. If I don't log it I feel guilty (and I'm only cheating myself) so I've made it a point to log every little thing even if it's an overload of McDonald's so I can see what I need to work on. Or possibly be able to look back and maybe find a trigger that made me over eat.
    It doesn't hurt to indulge every once in a while and the best advice I think I've ever received is
    "You can pretty much eat anything you want, as long as it's in moderation."
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    One thing I've learned just yesterday from an MFP friend,

".... you might not log it, but your body does..."

Yup Yup I love this
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log in(no matter how bad)...sometimes I don't.....We all do it, so don't feel bad. You are being honest by telling it whether you log it in or not. As a matter of fact, I'll show you how honest I can be with a little summary from my last weeks diary:

Mmmmmmm, potato chiiiiipssss!
    Mmmmmmm, chimichuuunnngaaas!
    Mmmmmmm, wiiiiiinnnne!
    MMMMMMMMM, VODKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

So, there....and to think that I actually lost a pound at weigh in!!!! I guess the 'killer plank' only makes us stronger in the long run, but I have one more confession....I die standing up too!!! :drinker: :smokin: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jenbusick
    Options

OMG that was awesome...and I can't stand Jillian Michaels lol

Thankee :wink:
  • jenbusick
    Options
    HYSTERICAL! Thanks for the laugh :)

You're very welcome :smile:
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    They say the first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem...lol....Yay You!! Now, you need to be honest with yourself on the calorie count. The only one you're cheating is yourself. If you want a treat, it's fine. Maybe do a little extra exercise to counter it? Good luck.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ok I will play along with this....

* I eat a roll just about every night with dinner (my weakness) which I log, however I DO NOT log the butter that I put on it lol.

* Every day for lunch or dinner I drink a caffeine free diet coke which never ends up in my journal

* If I have a meal which puts me over for the day (I do it purposely every 2 weeks) then I do not hit the "Complete" button - I just don't need people questioning it lol.

* Sometimes after an intense workout I will eat something small (a serving of peanuts or some yogurt) and 9 times out of 10 I don't log it.

If I was not losing weight then these things would be the first to go. But for the last 8 weeks I have lost almost exactly 2 pounds every week like MFP said I would. The way I look at it is MFP is giving me a 1000 calorie per day deficit and if I go over my goal by 100 calories one day then I might only lose 1.8 pounds that week instead of 2. I can live with that. But if I hit a plateau then I would cut the butter and the after workout snack.
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    *Ahem*

I don't log any non-caloric drinks.

I don't log my water.

I don't log on Saturday, and only sometimes Sunday, but am very good throughout the week.

I probably use more creamer and drink more coffee than I log, but I absolutely refuse to physically measure out my creamer.

I'll close my journal, but sometimes, just sometimes, I might engage in a little "cookie freak out" after I've already closed my journal for the day and won't log it....but the guilt is enough for me to remember!!! LOL

We're all human, and PERFECT IS BORING!!!! :drinker: :smokin: