lost weight but feel bigger

emkam11
emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
hi guys well i have not been around for qquite a while now i have been strggling alot really to get bk on track with the whol diet thing, i have decided to start again today a si have been doin rubbish lately and eating so much rubbish ,
its not helped by the fact i have had a lot goin on in my home life and ihave been struggling a lot

my depression is gettign the better of me i am affraid grrr,

but i though to my self over the weekend i hate the way i look and feel and know i feel better when i am eating good food, easy for me to say much harder for me to do ,

well as teh title says , i got on the scales a few mins ago and i have noticed that since i last wa son here i have still lost weight but i know in my self i am bigger as i am struggling to put some of my clothes on and i feel really big and uncomfotable in my clothes, how can this be so???

today is also day one of starting again and i am already struggling i need to eat some choc grrrrrrrr
i am so sorry for coming on here and moaning guys hope ur all doin really well xxx
emx

Replies

• trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    i just had the same feeling..and my sister pointed out that fat doesn't fight fair
    and when you start feeling like this...think of it as psychological warfare
    it hates you for eating right, for getting off the sofa and treating yourself well so it goes on the attack

don't let it win!
    be good to you and kick those bad feelings to the curb
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 666 Member
    It may just be water retention. Just get back to it and make sure you incorporate resistance training w/ your cardio so that your fat % continually goes down. Exercising will help with the depression as well as just getting out in the sunlight. Make sure you take time everyday for yourself even if it is just 20 minutes. Oh... and don't forget to take measurements/pictures along the way because the scale doesn't always tell the truth.
  • Moira27
    Moira27 Posts: 3
    I think I know what you mean. I find that when I eat crap, I feel like crap and because I feel like crap...I eat more crap. And it goes on and on. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is resist the temptation of the choc and get back on track because it's only then that you know for certain that your weightloss is due to your diet and not water retention...etc
This discussion has been closed.