confused... urgh

ok so now im confused i just watched the movie fat head....they said that eating nuts and seeds and things of that nature are bad for you and like breads and pasta even whole grain is bad too. so who do i believe them saying only eat fruits veggies and meats sence thats what we evolved from or throw in grains and nuts and all that?

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Well, I think that is kind of the problem with information overload. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to take one person's (or one site, or one tv show, or one movie's) word and go with it. Research is the best way to make these decisions. The majority of reputable sources say that a balanced diet is what is healthy. Everything in moderation is key. There is even room for treats sometimes. Hope this helped! :smile:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    First of all we did not EVOLVE! We were created in the image of God. Second of all, nuts, seeds, whole grain breads and pasta are good for you...so eat them (in moderation) and you're body will thank you!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    First of all we did not EVOLVE! We were created in the image of God. Second of all, nuts, seeds, whole grain breads and pasta are good for you...so eat them (in moderation) and you're body will thank you!

Uh Oh.

Evolution vs Religion. Not going to get started. That's how much I have evolved in the past few years.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Preach the truth girlfriend!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange

Uh Oh.

Evolution vs Religion. Not going to get started. That's how much I have evolved in the past few years.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. Nothing else to say on this topic.
  • First of all we did not EVOLVE! We were created in the image of God. Second of all, nuts, seeds, whole grain breads and pasta are good for you...so eat them (in moderation) and you're body will thank you!

Uh Oh.

shhhh, im about to watch the show...you want in on some of this popcorn i have?
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    ok so now im confused i just watched the movie fat head....they said that eating nuts and seeds and things of that nature are bad for you and like breads and pasta even whole grain is bad too. so who do i believe them saying only eat fruits veggies and meats sence thats what we evolved from or throw in grains and nuts and all that?
    Everything in moderation love! or your stress out!
  • First of all we did not EVOLVE! We were created in the image of God. Second of all, nuts, seeds, whole grain breads and pasta are good for you...so eat them (in moderation) and you're body will thank you!

Uh Oh.

agreed
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member

I believe the OP was asking for opinions on whether to eat grains, pastas, breads and nuts... not for opinions on creation vs evolution. :flowerforyou:
  • Any food can be bad for you if eaten in excess... however I am a carb lover! I'm not giving upany of the things I like, I'm just eating smaller portions.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member

Uh Oh.

Amen.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange

I believe the OP was asking for opinions on whether to eat grains, pastas, breads and nuts... not for opinions on creation vs evolution. :flowerforyou:

I gave my opinion on eating grains, pastas, breads, and nuts. I also gave my opinion on something else she mentioned and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, I don't see your opinion on her eating grains, pastas, breads, and nuts. hmmmm
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member

I ddin`t see the movie, but why would they say nuts and seeds are bad?

There is a chimpanze in Africa some place that developed a way to dry out then smash nuts with a rock to eat them. Is it really known that our evolutionary ancestors didn`t eat grain and nuts? How would they know this, they probably don`t. They may be basing it on the cave men prior to agriculture that would only hunt and gather. I don't think they are the models to follow for a proper diet, and for all we know they could have also figured out how to eat a nut.

I'm kind of interested in watchign the movie, and I wonder how they formulate this argument, I'm already quite skeptical.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    I gave my opinion on eating grains, pastas, breads, and nuts. I also gave my opinion on something else she mentioned and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

there is something wrong with that, it's is way off topic and will derail any thread in a heart beat.

Go ahead an start your own thread on the subject, I'm sure many people would enjoy to participate in the debate.
  • I read somewhere... can't remember where now, that the new craze of whole grains is not good in excess because our bodies have a harder time digesating the whole grains. But I think that you would have to eat an awful lot of it to have any problems!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member

I gave my opinion on eating grains, pastas, breads, and nuts. I also gave my opinion on something else she mentioned and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, I don't see your opinion on her eating grains, pastas, breads, and nuts. hmmmm

Really? Okay, Eat grains, pasta, breads and nuts in moderation. Personally, I think you can eat anything in moderation.

(I guess I didn't convey the point of my original post clearly. Sorry, I was trying to suggest we stick to the question instead of starting a debate about something controversial, which wouldn't answer the OP question. I never said anyone expressing their opinion was wrong, just stated which topics opinions were and were not asked for)
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member

Uh Oh.

haha...I'm with you there.

To the OP, as the ancient Greeks said, "Everything in moderation". Use that as the rule for your food consumption and you can't go wrong.
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    I read somewhere... can't remember where now, that the new craze of whole grains is not good in excess because our bodies have a harder time digesating the whole grains. But I think that you would have to eat an awful lot of it to have any problems!

interesting
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Last week the uk government said don't eat too much red meat or u will get bowel cancer. The week before it was bad to drink milk because that was for growing babies so logically we will just keep getting bigger if we drink it. There was something about cheese but I'm not sure if that killed you or made you superman. I did read something about the new craze of eating dried fruit and nuts being bad because people think they are healthy and eat them with a shovel.

Hopefully next week I will find out that runner beans make you blind and porridge makes your ears fall off and then I won't read or hear anything ever again! Moderation is key but I'm a big believer in calories in being less than calories out = weightloss and it not being much more complicated than that. And nuts and dried fruit are high in calories albeit " good calories"
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Last week the uk government said don't eat too much red meat or u will get bowel cancer. The week before it was bad to drink milk because that was for growing babies so logically we will just keep getting bigger if we drink it. There was something about cheese but I'm not sure if that killed you or made you superman. I did read something about the new craze of eating dried fruit and nuts being bad because people think they are healthy and eat them with a shovel.

Hopefully next week I will find out that runner beans make you blind and porridge makes your ears fall off and then I won't read or hear anything ever again! Moderation is key but I'm a big believer in calories in being less than calories out = weightloss and it not being much more complicated than that. And nuts and dried fruit are high in calories albeit " good calories"

That's funny. How many times have we heard that eggs were terrible for you, only to be contradicted by the same people a year later saying that they're actually good for you? Or maybe just the whites? Or the vitamins and mineral are in the yolks? And don't even get me started on the whole butter vs. margarine debate.
This discussion has been closed.