JEAN SHOPPING!!!! $@#$^@#$!

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! ALL the jeans seem to smoosh or flatten my butt instead of fitting or flattering. I like the fact that I have some curve in the back and it seems liek all the jeans take what I like and try and flatten it out so I look frumpy or chunky.

I'm a size four now as well and I have spent the last two weekend trying to locate some pants... unsuccessfully.

Please let me know if you find a brand that works for you!

Don't know how much booty you're talkin about here, but if the jeans have even a little bit of stretch (most do), they'll adjust after about 15 minutes of wearing them and hug your butt instead of squish it... just takes a litlte time
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a size six...but have a larger lower half...and I have found that Apple Bottom jeans fit a fuller thigh and hip figure! At least at the size 18 place that I am at!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    The other thing, and I don't know if anyone agrees with me, is I DONT WANT MY JEANS TO STREACH. I hate only being able to wear my jeans once, and then having to wash them to shrink them. DRIVES ME CRAZY! haha

Maybe I am just too pickey, But I guess when I have worked as hard as I have to get down to a size four I feel like I can be picky.

You guys have given great suggestions. I think maybe I will try to spend a little more money on my jeans, and until I can do that I will stick to AE and Banana Republic.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I have the same prob... Size 2-4 jeans, and a pear shape. My legs are quite toned from running so I need a little room in the thigh and hip... What makes it worse is that my legs are extra long (34 1/2 inch inseam), so even the Gap curvy jeans are too short. I actually cannot find jeans at any "normal" store - While I used to RELY on The Gap curvy jeans, their "longs" only go down to a size 6 :grumble:

It's a b*tch, but I can't complain too much. After all... I'm a size 2! :laugh: 18 months ago I was buying size 14 jeans at the Gap so it's allll relative! :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    btw - I found jeans that fit decently at the Levi's outlet store in Niagara (I'm Canadian and drove over the border to find jeans - that's how ridiculous it is). If you've got a Levi's outlet or factory store near you, check them out.
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    The other thing, and I don't know if anyone agrees with me, is I DONT WANT MY JEANS TO STREACH. I hate only being able to wear my jeans once, and then having to wash them to shrink them. DRIVES ME CRAZY! haha

Have you tried Lucky Jeans? While they do stretch, there's one stitch that DOES NOT stretch. I usually can wear them twice before washing. Some Macy's stores sell Lucky brand so you can sometimes find them on sale too. While my hips are not curvy, I usually have to go up a size because of my thighs.

I had a huge issue with jeans a few months back. All my pants came from Ann Taylor LOFT, their Ann Petite was a perfect fit or me. I bought a pair then realized they are almost TWO inches longer! When I asked a sales associate, they said they lengthened the pants because of heel height. Ugh! I'm a stay at home mom, I do not wear heels on a daily basis! LOFT also has a curvy fit called Julie. Good luck in your search!
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile: