Breast Cancer

Options
Every time i have a hard time staying with a workout, I think about those women who go through breast cancer and the incredible strength they have, especially those that are juggling motherhood and work right through the chemo. Each spring, I run two races - a half-marathon and a 5K - in honor of breast cancer survivors, fighters and the passed. Currently, I'm designing my race shirt for 2011... I'm filling the back with names of breast cancer survivors, current fighters and loved ones who passed. If you have someone you'd like to honor with a donation, please contact me at runwithjess@comcast.net. Thank you!

Replies

• ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    that is awesome you do that.
    I have had all my breast tissue removed and implants put in to reduce the risk. Every female in my mom's family has gone thru breast cancer at some stage.
    So I took care of as much as I could ahead of time.
    I have been thru Cemo thou for a blood disorder and I can say its really hard to deal with. It makes you sick to your stomach, weak feeling, bloated, just like crap for days after treatment. I did this for 3 months. along with blood transfusion.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    that's great!

my cause is prostate cancer. my dad passed away in may at the age of 59, so i try to run at least 2 races a year in his memory - the set the pace race for prostate cancer (june) and the blue shoe run for prostate cancer (september). both are only 5k's but i hope they start drawing a larger crowd and having some longer course options.
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Clap Clap Clap!!

You're awesome for doing this! I do the Relay for Life here in town every year, and now, in honor of my hubby, I'm joining the MS walk . The events are so amazing, and full of emotion, and the response is almost overwhelming.

Bravo!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Every time i have a hard time staying with a workout, I think about those women who go through breast cancer and the incredible strength they have, especially those that are juggling motherhood and work right through the chemo. Each spring, I run two races - a half-marathon and a 5K - in honor of breast cancer survivors, fighters and the passed. Currently, I'm designing my race shirt for 2011... I'm filling the back with names of breast cancer survivors, current fighters and loved ones who passed. If you have someone you'd like to honor with a donation, please contact me at runwithjess@comcast.net. Thank you!

So awesome! I try and do these runs as well! My boss is battling stage 4 breast cancer and I always run to support her. My good friend has cystic fibrosis and in 2 Sunday's 900 of us are running a half marathon with/for her! I can't wait! It'll be my first 1/2 but I can do a 5 or 10K no prob.. lol, we shall see how it goes I guess! There is nothing more rewarding than being able to raise money for a good cause. Props to you too sister!
  • RunWithJess
    RunWithJess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love hearing everyone's causes!