30 Day Shred - should i?

Options
I'm a student - i have minimal money. My mum has paid for me to have a swimming pool membership and i swim 3 times a week. I aim to exercise 5 times a week, inbetween times i power walk or do a Pump It Up Beach Body DVD.

Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred is on Amazon.com for £4.99

Worth it? (i know its not alot but i dont have much to spare!)

I have been struggling with my eating recently and would like tokick up my exercise abit. Is it really as awesome as everyone says?

Note - i cannot run...i have tried formany years and it is just not for me!

Replies

• pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I paid 9 american dollars for JM 30 day shred and i feel it was worth $9
  • camerons_mommy06
    Options
    Def. worth the money. I paid $9 also and love it!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It's a good dvd. You're more likely to tone up then lose a lot of weight with it though (just from personal experience)
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Be careful, Amazon have messed me about on this twice. If you are in the UK like me, you order it, then it doesn't arrive, then weeks after you get an email saying that they have refunded you.

In the end I got my copy for £6 at Morrisons.

I too am a poor student and I would say it is worth it, though I was a complete beginner to exercise and it has improved my fitness level SO much.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine whatever you decide!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I paid 9 american dollars for JM 30 day shred and i feel it was worth $9

Me too. I really like the workouts, and there's 3 different levels so you can progress and/or mix it up and not get bored. I find Jillian very motivating - it seems like just when I'm conking out she says "I know your legs are on fire right now but that's your body getting stronger!" or something to that effect. :smile:
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Worth it!
  • rachelsewardxo
    Options
    i just did my first day of the 30 day shred and im drenched in sweat. it was amazing, a great workout but very intense. i do it on demand on exercise tv and its free!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Do it....its a great tough workout that will tone you up all over. Amazing how hard you can work and how tired you can get in 20 minutes. She works you over! Worth every penny.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    It is totally worth it!! I am on day 25 and although I have not lost the 20lbs it says you could lose, I have lost a lot of inches and have lean muscle tone, along with dropping about 10lbs. It helps you build your endurance as well. I have even tried her other workouts and love those too. It is well worth it!! Its a great starting point if you are wanting to get into circuit training with cardio and strength. Hope this helps :)

PS: Its basic moves like push ups, jumping jacks, lunges...no running at all!! :)
  • candy20195
    candy20195 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes! its 100% worth every penny. there are 3 different levels of intensity - they are roughly 25 minutes long and you will def break out in a sweat. I highly recommend it!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have ordered it and i am SCARED.

Thanks for the advice :)
  • sarahjrrr_
    Options
    Be careful, Amazon have messed me about on this twice. If you are in the UK like me, you order it, then it doesn't arrive, then weeks after you get an email saying that they have refunded you.

I live in the UK and I got it off Amazon, it arrived within about three/four days, sometimes Amazon can be a bit crap but I wouldn't let it discourage you from getting it off there. Going from the insane amount of views I think it's safe to say that it doesn't happen often. (:

I've been doing it for a week now and I feel that it's definitely worth it, not sure about the losing weight side yet, weighing in tomorrow, but within myself I feel better and a lot fitter even in these past seven days.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Worth every cent. She is amazing!