Getting insurance before becoming pregnant

Options
mrslondon
mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
Me and my husband are going to be trying for a baby soon. We have been looking around for health insurance but i am really having a hard time finding coverage for prenatal care. I got one quote from one company (the only one i found with prenatal care) for $500 a month. Someone has suggested to me to get pregnancy medicaid but according to the chart, me and my husband make too much money. Although i am the only w2 employee, my husband is a 1099 employee so im not too sure how it will work proving what he makes, as he doesnt get a paycheck, and does not make the same amount every week. What am i supposed to do?

Replies

• Salamanda25
    Salamanda25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know about actual insurance, but I know that if you get AFLAC, there are some perks to it. You have to have it for 10 months before the baby is born, but once the baby is born they'll send you a check for delivering. I think I got close to $4k after my daughter was borns, it's more if you have a C-section. You also get $20 for (8) separate doctors appointments. Hope this helps some!