Fasting... need help

Options
rizorw
rizorw Posts: 67 Member
As Easter quickly approaches, our Pastor at Church has called apon us to Fast 1 meal per day starting next Sunday for the Cantata (40 days). I have often taken the easy way out, by just skipping breakfast. But now that I am really looking to loose weight, I realize breakfast is too important to miss. So Breakfast is out. Then dinner is my time with my family, So dinner is out. For lunch i eat preaty light and healthy. I have my snacks in the mid morning and again in the afternoon. So I guess i am trying to figure out how to fast for that (or any meal) and still keep my levels good so I can continue to loose weight. Should I continue my snacks and just cut the meal or maybe 1 meal and 1 snack.

I am sure other people are participating in fasting or other types of religious dedication. Just looking for maybe some helpful hints. And would like to know what others choose to do.
Thanks

Replies

• heidicat
    heidicat Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,

I think I would cut one snack or one light meal. You are already limiting your foods to lose weight so you need to make sure you have enough nutrition. The whole idea of the fasting is to realise sacrificing something you want and have freely, and is a gesture of faith to me. If you have any treats then maybe they could be the thing you cut out? I hope that helps :)