Not quite halfway....

Options
but happy about how things are going. When I started in January of this year I wasn't sure what to expect. I had been working out off and on usually regularly for a whole year and my weight didn't seem to change. I found mfp and decided why not try it and see what would happen (I never really thought of myself as fat I didn't really look fat in clothes (clothes hides a lot)). My BMI did put me in the obese category but I still thought I really wasn't that bad. Well I just hope I can keep going to my final goal now. Today at my weigh in I have officially lost almost 18 lbs. I went shopping for jeans over the weekend and was so happy to be in an 8 instead of the 12 I have been in for years and years. I am hoping by the time I turn 40 in 2 months I can be really close to my goal. All it took was for me to document what I was eating and watch the calories in and out I never really paid attention to what I ate before I would eat whatever but instead of 1 serving I was probably having 2 or 3 not that I needed it just bored and then I would eat. I never took any starting pictures because I don't like my picture taken most of the time so not sure if I will ever have pictures to post. Just wanted to share and let everyone know some days are harder than others but the rewards (of seeing yourself change in all sorts of ways) are so worth the bad days. You can do it. I have even started the couch25K program and I thought there was no way I could run on the treadmill because I couldn't even let go when I walked but the first day I did let go and did the whole 30 min without holding on:smile: Now depending on how this couch25K goes I may try talking myself into doing the 5K in Sept.

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That's awesome..Stick with it you will get to your goal...
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I did a 5K this past summer (and I am in no way a runner or in great cardio shape). I was surprised how easy it was. I know how cliche this sounds, but you can do it if you think you can do it.

Good luck with achieving your goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!