I set a goal for myself and I'm 1/4 of the way there!

Options
shamubegone
shamubegone Posts: 14 Member
I started this year at my highest weight, unhappy, and very uncomfortable with my body. Among other things, my brother inadvertently inspired me to do something I've never done before: make a specific resolution, make it big, and go for it. So that got me thinking : Why have I dieted and gained weight over the years? Why haven't I ever been at a healthy weight? Why do I accept the fact that I am fat and always will be fat, maybe less fat or more fat at times, but just that : fat. Then and there I decided I would set a goal for myself I have never set before. Something I have never allowed myself to even think about, or dream about achieving: I would lose 100 pounds in the year 2011, would reach my goal and be at a healthy and lean weight for my height. I have had a few bumps in the road, but it has been 2 months and I am happy to say that I am 1/4 of the way to my goal!! I have lost 26 pounds and I have 74 more to go! I am so proud of myself and very excited to continue this path to my ultimate goal of becoming the healthy, fit young woman that I am inside. I will need to focus, take time for myself, and keep the determination at the forefront of my thoughts. I am so happy that I have MFP to keep me on track and accountable. These success stories keep me going. I have decided not to lurk as much anymore, and invite others to add me as a friend for support and motivation.

If you need encouragement, support, or just a friend who is going through the same thing you are, please add me. I would love to be there for you and have people be there for me. Thanks for reading this! I am so PUMPED!

Replies

• anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    WOW...Congratulations.....You are on the right place surrounded by people who loves you and care for you..
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome...I am claiming this is my year also... This is my year to become healthier, fitter, a better me, FOR ME!!!!!!!!!! You go girl....
  • buttonmoons
    Options
    100lbs in 2011 is exactly my goal too. Am a week in and feeling good!
    Good luck
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Right there with you sister.. I don't have 100 lbs to lose but I am fed up being the "fat" friend. My goal is to be a skinny b@tch for my birthday in July.
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    YGG! Sounds like you have the right atitude, and congrats on the weight you have already lost!
  • shamubegone
    shamubegone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!! I'm ready to get there, so hopefully next post will be 1/2 way there! Good luck, we got thissssss
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    My goal is to reach my initial goal of 175 by Christmas from 278, so similar to your goal - a tad bit sooner and few pounds more.. but same path.
    I too am at the 1/4 point since first of the year. So, if you want to add me as a friend too, would be nice to have another person to keep track with...
    Seeing others losses motivates me big time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!