Dressing for Broccoli cole slaw?

Options
boognish1972
boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
I came home with a bag of broccoli cole slaw yesterday, instead of the regular slaw that my wife asked me to pick up. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Can anyone here recommend a good dressing to put on it? Or a recipe it can be used in?

Replies

• ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wonder too... Has anyone ever tried Greek Yogurt in it??
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I buy it all the time and put it on my salads.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add - you guys have to start paying attention cause doing that stuff is NOT going to get you out of going to the store.

/asked for tomato paste - he brought me ragu spaghetti sauce
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I usually just add a handful to my salads. That being said I use this dressing for broccoli salad (not sure how healthy it is :) ) 1/2 cup light mayo/salad dressing, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, dash of salt. I don't actually meausre any of those ingrediants, but that is what I would start with and then adjust according to your taste.
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add - you guys have to start paying attention cause doing that stuff is NOT going to get you out of going to the store.

/asked for tomato paste - he brought me ragu spaghetti sauce

:laugh: I thought she just wanted some slaw for a side dish, so I bought the one on sale, not thinking that broccoli instead of green cabbage would matter that much. Turns out she wanted it to make Reuben sandwiches. But you're right, anything I can do to get out of grocery shopping on a Sunday afternoon is worth trying in my book. :wink:
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW on e-mealz and they recommend using FF catalina dressing on broccoli slaw. I personally didn't like it, but people must like it or they wouldn't have it on the menu.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this is my favorite salad recipe of all time: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ramen-Coleslaw/Detail.aspx

it calls for cole slaw but i've used broccoli slaw too. the best part is the dressing (since i dislike cream-based ones) which is light and refreshing. add a bit of sesame oil for awesome flavor.
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this post! I just had broccoli slaw for the first time today. I mixed each serving with 1 tbl of Makoto Ginger Dressing (40 cal/TBL). My 5 year old son had it and said, "I want to eat this every day for the rest of my life." How's that for unsolicited testimonial?!?
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    A really simple dressing I've made for broccoli slaw is olive oil, a chopped clove of garlic, and parmesan cheese (the stuff from the can is fine). It's really simple and quite good!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    about how much olive oil for the clove of garlic?