Unsure about how much to eat

Options
I am kinda new at this and I am not sure if I am eating enough. I am set on 1300 calories which is fine. But I work out 5 days a week and sometime I burn it to almost 800 calories. Does that mean I am only eating 500 calories? Am I putting my body into starvation mode? Please help, I want to lose weight, but in a the healthy way?

Replies

• AshliKrasz
    AshliKrasz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It should automatically add those calories into your total for the day. I think its set up so you eat what you burn.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

open this link and then read the four links from the first poster! this will clear up soo much! and then read the link in my signature below this post!

Yes you are eating too little in my opinion.

add me if you would like! we all need support!
  • melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You need to eat back what you burn, otherwise, yes, your body will go into starvation mode. I always like it when I burn and get to eat back! It's like bonus calories!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When you work out the MFP program tells you need to eat those calories back as you already have a deficit built into your calorie limit from information you told MFP. . Now plenty here will say don't bother but to start with try to eat those calories back if you don't lose weight then reassess.
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    On your food diary, after you put in your exerisicing, it will automatically recalculate what your goal should be for the day. the more you exercise the more you get to eat. But I try to always stay a little under the goal so if I eat something with higher calories/cheat I sont' mess myself up for the day. Hopefully I am doing it right. Hope that helps.
  • otrinao
    otrinao Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks, this information is very helpful. I ate back my calories today but I have to tell it was quite difficult. Healthy food isn't high in calories so I feel like I have been stuffed all day. On days like today I guess I need to eat a couple handfuls of walnuts or almonds