It's Gotta Be Worth Something

Options
I need to get a heart rate monitor so that I can accurately log the calories I burn arguing with my 10-year-old over whether she really does have to do her math homework. Herself. Without me standing over her saying "Okay, now, what is the least common denominator for 1/2 and 2/3?"

Srsly.

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • cnash81
    cnash81 Posts: 30
    Options
    omg....so funny. That sounds just like me and my daughter; mine is also ten. I am so dreading the teenage years with her. She's already such a little diva with major attitude.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I remember those days. We played beat the clock. I would set the timer for 5 min and challenge them to get x amount of /?'s done and then we'd up the time or the number of problems. Then none of us felt like it was just dragging on and if they number goes down then you know it's something they need help with.

Then I also would say I don't know why you're arguing with me when I'm trying to help you finish your stuff so you can do something cool. I passed my math so I know how to help you but if you don't want it then that's cool. But the timer would tick till it was all done and right. :0

Sometimes new game ways help break the monotony of the whole homework thing.
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    Oh good! When you calculate those totals, I will apply them to the "You know, you wouldn't get diaper rash like this if you would use the potty" argument that I have daily with my 2 1/2 yr old. Thanks for your willing contribution! :tongue:
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Oh good! When you calculate those totals, I will apply them to the "You know, you wouldn't get diaper rash like this if you would use the potty" argument that I have daily with my 2 1/2 yr old. Thanks for your willing contribution! :tongue:

:laugh:
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher.....let me know when you figure that one out!!! :laugh: