Can a fat girl do P90?

Options
I've seen some AMAZING before and after pictures of people who have done it but most of the time they were halfway skinny to begin with. I saw a short clip of the workout and it looks INTENSE. But I figure even if I can only do a fraction of the workout it has to be beneficial. What do you think? Also is the P90 easier than P90x?

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I've seen some AMAZING before and after pictures of people who have done it but most of the time they were halfway skinny to begin with. I saw a short clip of the workout and it looks INTENSE. But I figure even if I can only do a fraction of the workout it has to be beneficial. What do you think? Also is the P90 easier than P90x?

Yes you can do P90 and yes it is easier the P90X. P90 is actually a great starter program. If you need help I'm more then happy to offer my assistance.

Stu
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I've done ChaLEAN Extreme and it rocks---and I am a big girl who used to be way bigger. She is awesome.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is soooo much easier than P90X. But it does give you preparation to go after P90X afterwards. 1-2 is slow to teach you all the moves. 3-4 is quicker but the same moves and a couple of more reps. I haven't purchased 5-6 yet, but I'm thinking about it, just to change it up.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat guy and I do Power 90, lol. I started at 305. I agree with Stooo, it's a great beginners program and I'm using it to prepare for P90X later this year. Tony shows modifications for most of the moves and constantly encourages you to go at your own pace. You'll be surprised how quickly you can improve. Good luck :)
  • cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    Options
    Yes!! at 225 lbs I started doing P90X and had amazing results. I lost close to 50 lbs and looked like I had lost much more. I started out just doing what I could (or as Tony would say "Do your best and forget the rest") but was amazed at how fast I was able to do more. I had to stop for awhile and have just started back up but because of time am doing P90 and it is much easier but I am still getting a good workout and seeing results. I also think P90 is a great program to prepare you for P90X. Hope this helps.
  • ponygirl518
    Options
    I do not know about P90, but P90X is VERY intense. Another good one to try is Slim In 6. I would recommend working your way up to the P90X program. It is a rather strict workout schedule (working out at least 6 days a week), and the workouts are rather lengthy as well, ranging from 48 minutes to 1 hour and 23 minutes. It takes some serious dedication to complete it, that is for sure. But, if you wanted to do the P90X, you are right, you could just do what you can do, and I am sure each time you would be able to do a little more. Good Luck!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I think I'll try it. I already work out about an hour a day 6 days a week so the length of time shouldn't be a problem. It will probably be hard but I'm excited to try it!
  • dianalouise_lane
    Options
    I say anyone can do P90X...I personally am in the progress of doing P90X...the workouts are tough, and you may not be able to do everything that they do all at once, but do as much as you can to work towards what the level that they are at.

I have never tried P90...but girl whatever you put your mind to YOU CAN DO IT!!! :) Hope you get great results!!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 220 lbs. Do I qualify as fat? Yes! LOL I just started the P90 program today and I LOVED it!! Yes, you will sweat and feel the burn but it's definitely not as intense as P90x. You can DEFINITELY do it if you truly want to. I say go for it! :flowerforyou:
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Where can you purchase p90?
  • LeAnn_Mae
    Options
    I probably should have asked this BEFORE I purchased but I found the VHS version on Ebay and I was just wondering if it's the same as the DVD or if the DVD is an updated version?

EDIT: This is what I bought (you'll have to copy and paste) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=370487061139&si=3mO8kpjsFJn8HkZNyuFeHDyXKLc%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I probably should have asked this BEFORE I purchased but I found the VHS version on Ebay and I was just wondering if it's the same as the DVD or if the DVD is an updated version?

EDIT: This is what I bought (you'll have to copy and paste) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=370487061139&si=3mO8kpjsFJn8HkZNyuFeHDyXKLc%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You may want to wait before you purchase the DVD's anyway they are remaking them as soon as P90X: MC2 is done filming.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    Options
    Ok cool. I just bought these because they were cheap and I wanted to try it out before spending a bunch of money. If I like it I'll splurge and get the new DVDs when they come out.