Who still eats maccas?

Options
2»

Replies

• otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I indulge within my calorie limit. I feel like if I am depriving myself of what I crave, I won't stick to this. My portions are SOOOOO much smaller, and I don't eat fries or mayo at all. I like the grilled honey mustard wrap with a side salad and lit balsamic. Less han 400 calories!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    What in the world is a "macca"?!

I’ve never heard of it, either. And google didn’t help.

Google images for it, you'll know right away, lol.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    My daughter and I meet with friends EVERY friday for a playdate at McDonalds, so yes I still eat there, but WAY less often! I use to go there 3 days or more a week, yikes! Another difference is instead of ordering a Big Mac meal with a large coke (and sometimes even add on a desert), I order a two cheeseburger meal with coke zero that I SHARE with my daughter, she has one cheeseburger, I have the other, we share the fries! LOVE my McDonalds and don't plan on ever cutting it all the way out, lol.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat out at fast food restaurants very rarely these days however with traveling at least 2-3 days a month makes that tough. I just got home from a weekend trip where I went to a fast food restaurant twice. I just got the grilled chicken sandwich (with no mayo, etc...) and a small fry and maybe a diet coke.

I tell my girlfriend all the time how back in high school (when I was playing 3 sports a year) me and my brother used to get the Classic Triple with Bacon and Cheese only, bigge sized with a FF soda. I don't have any idea how I didn't completely balloon back then.

Just be careful with it. If you live a busy life then it isn't always easy to completely avoid these places just do your best to make sure you don't overdo it.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who saw 'macca' and thought chocolate covered macadamia nuts? :embarassed:
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I simply thought it was a misnomer for plain macadamia nuts.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, when I have a huge craving for it. I usually get a Happy Meal and add on the nice(ish) lettuce and tomato that come on some of the bigger burgers.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    LOL! What is a macca?? I had to rub my eyes and reread. Thought it said - does anybody eat macaws??? LOL
    (I have macaws)
    :laugh: You sooo made me smile and giggle when I read your response about Macaws! I imagine you must of been a bit alarmed at first?:tongue: I'm glad some one explained it was an Aussie term. :0) I see someone mentioned "Hungry Jack" (which is an instant potato brand in the US) as Burger King as another Aussie term.

I find it so interesting how each Country has their terms and sometimes we understand one another and sometimes we're clueless. :flowerforyou:

It all works out great in the end:drinker: :wink:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When you google Maccas the first thing that comes up is McDonalds. McDonalds even advertise "Wake up to the taste of a warm Macca's breakfast"