still calorie confused...

Options
I have a complete mental block with figuring out all the calculations for calorie counts, deficits, etc....

So on my active days, no problem... as long as I can hit the gym for an hour I'm fine. FitBit tallies my calories burned total somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000. My calorie total here on MFP is 1300, no problem, enough of a deficit to lose weight.

But on the days I can't fit a workout in (1-2 per week) and if it's during the week (I sit at a computer for virtually 9 hrs a day), FitBit tells me I've only burned 1600 calories or so. In order to keep the deficit, my calorie allotment should be 900??? I KNOW that's not healthy and have no intention of going that low but still want to keep the weight loss moving.

Any guidance on what to do on those sedentary days?

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I think you're getting confused with the contrasting information from two sites...maybe it would be best to stick to one and see what happens?

You must have some days off exercise..your body needs to rest.

However, if you only eat 1200 and your body uses 1600...that is still a deficit of 400 calories a day...

If you did this for 7 days:

7 X 400 = 2800

You would still be losing just under a pound a week...so don't fret about it...you're doing fantastically.

:flowerforyou:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    On the days you can't work out, can you take a walk during a break? That's what I do during the week and it really does help! I keep walking shoes @ my desk and take a walk during my breaks & lunch.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1-2 days of non-exercise is probably good for you and your body, recovery time. But on those days little things like taking the steps when possible and parking further away and having to walk. Or maybe fitting in a small walk during the day at lunch or something?
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    ANY EXTRA YOU CAN DO WILL HELP U OUT ALOT. NOW 2 DAYS A WEEK SHOULD NOT HURN YOU BUT IF YOU ARE WORRYED WORKOUT 15 MIN LONGER THE OTHE 3 DAYS AND DON'T EAT CRAZY THE 2 DAYS YOU CANT WORK OUT