I'M SO HUNGRY! What do I do?

Options
Ever since I started this, I am incredibly hungry. What can I do to avoid this while maintaining my goals?!?!?!

Replies

• fitmommy4life
    Options
    Fill up on fruits and veggies. They are low cal and help keep you full. I also love sugar free jell-o as a treat.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you're working out, are you eating back the calories you burn? Are you eating plenty of protein and whole grains? That can help too.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. drinking ice cold water will boost your metabolism. Also, try to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Eat more protein and fiber....that'll help you fill up more.

good luck!
  • CDunster
    CDunster Posts: 2
    Options
    Try adding a 100 calorie snack in between each meal. Keep up with water intake, that is supposed to help curb appetite also :-) But I have heard that keeping your blood sugar fairly even through out the day helps. Items high in fiber also help keep you fuller longer, but keep up with water intake so you do not have bowel issues ;-) Good luck.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus Posts: 31
    Options
    Dehydration can often be mistaken as hunger. Drink a glass of water and if you are still hungry in 15 minutes eat something long filling. Proteins fiber etc.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could make it without working out every day! I need those extra calories to keep me satisfied. So if I feel really hungry I can do a workout to burn a couple hundred calories, then I can have that extra snack!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eat yr proper amounts of calories consisting of all yr carbs, proteins, fats, etc - drink plenty of water and try green tea too.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    grab a big glass of water and make a bowl of oatmeal...and eat slowly.
  • hannahwhite17
    Options
    Obviously you need to eat some marmite. te he
  • capricorn1960
    Options
    Hiya are you sure you are eating the right foods - you should not be hungry. do you like veg eat plenty with your diet. and fruit - I usually eat tinned fruit and low fat yogurts to fill the gaps.
  • TheWatchStander
    Options
    A) Eat every three hours. If its not time for a meal eat a fiber bar or a bar with some protein (cliff bar, fiber one bar, fiber plus).
    B) Go for foods and meals that are high in fiber and protein since protein fills you up and helps combat the hunger pains.
    C) Drink lots of water. I strive for 64-128oz of water a day minimum or as much as I can do above that.
    D) When you eat a snack food (clif bar or a fiber bar) give it about 20 mins to get to your stomach and reduce the hunger pains.

Hope some of this helps. There are tons fo people on here with great ideas. Message me if you would like more suggestions or advice.
  • bethannwise
    Options
    Eat something? :smile:
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    A) Eat every three hours. If its not time for a meal eat a fiber bar or a bar with some protein (cliff bar, fiber one bar, fiber plus).
    B) Go for foods and meals that are high in fiber and protein since protein fills you up and helps combat the hunger pains.
    C) Drink lots of water. I strive for 64-128oz of water a day minimum or as much as I can do above that.
    D) When you eat a snack food (clif bar or a fiber bar) give it about 20 mins to get to your stomach and reduce the hunger pains.

Hope some of this helps. There are tons fo people on here with great ideas. Message me if you would like more suggestions or advice.

What he said!, great advice that!
  • daniellelorean
    Options
    These are all great suggestions. Thanks everyone, I'll have to try these out.
  • mayana2002
    mayana2002 Posts: 192
    Options
    water and brush your teeth! I do that and works! hahaha
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    BANANAS!!! they are loaded with resistant starch, a healthy carb that fills you up and helps to boost your metabolism.
  • LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    Like most people have said, you should drink plenty.

Ask yourself are you really hungry or just pining for something you know you shouldn't be having? Try distraction therapy: wait 10 mins and do something else in that time. Still feeling hungry? Try having a healthy calorie free snack or a hot drink. Make a light meal and make yourself sit down to enjoy it. What about some chunky veg soup (soup is well know for filling you up for longer).

Hunger pangs are common when starting a diet but your body will get used to it and you can always have a moan about it here, as I'm sure we all will in time (well, I know I will). :smile:
  • laurabeth02
    Options
    I really think my stomach shrank after a couple weeks of using this website. I used to go to bed hungry and now that rarely happens! Good luck to you!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose per week? It looks like you don't have a whole lot to lose, so I imagine you're at 1lb/week or .5lb/week. Going above that is too aggressive unless you have lots of weight to lose or are under doctor's supervision. If you're truly super hungry then I would take that as a sign that something is out of whack in your diet.
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok gotta be careful with the fruits and veggies, and filling up on them. Fruit has a lot of natural sugar which can be way to much if you eat too much. You could always exercise etc, when you think your hungry. Sometimes hungry can actually be, because your bored and not really hungry. Although I wasn't a big fan of them, when I am hungry, i tend to reach for rice crackers. Low in fat, no sugar, (they do come in different flavors). My dietitian told me they were something safe for me to eat. Another way is to drink a glass of water.