Weekends

Options
I am new to this site, but not new to dieting :wink: I recently lost 42lbs and was only 10-15lbsshy of meeting my goal. I blew it! I have recently gained back 15lbs and am now 25lbs shy of my goal :explode: I admit that the weekends are what kills me. Does anyone eat lower calories m-f so you can eat a little higher on the weekends???? I was eating 1500-1600 cals a day M-F and BLOWING it sat and sun. Any suggestions??? Feeling deprived is one reason I gained the 15 back. Thank you.

Replies

• chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i do eat less calories on fri and sat so i have room to drink. maybe choose one meal those days to indulge and eat less to compensate for the extra calories. i also now workout on weekends to help.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I start off with Protein Drinks and a walk in the morning to help off set the weekends which do come out a little higher than M-F. Then I do Cardio in the evening, sometimes late like Midnight, also helps me sleep!
  • taraglittle
    taraglittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!! I ll try to keep it to one or two meals
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    NO I DONT BELIVE THAT WORKS. HOWEVER JUST WORK OUT AN EXTRA 15 MIN A WEEK DAY
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too. I try to save for the weekend and I up my exercise alot on the weekend.
  • shadow9012
    shadow9012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200-1400 cals M-F and on weekends I eat about 1600.weekends are hard for me also!! but If I know I am going to eat out on Sat night,I eat real light the rest of the day! I am losing an average of 2-3 pounds a week..Good Luck!
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I read Jackie Warner's book, This is why you are fat and how to get and stay thin. I cannot recommend it enough. Basically she has to quit sugar and limit caffeine. You eat clean 5 days a week without your calorie range. Then on weekends you are allowed 2 cheat meals of ANYTHING, the only rule is 1500 calorie max per cheat meal.

She really goes into detail what hormones/chemicals help and hinder weight loss.

Since doing her plan and working out 5 days a week (I try and take weekends off), I'm averaging 4lbs a week weight loss.

Hope that helps
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I purposely weigh in on Monday mornings, I find it helps from going too crazy on the weekends.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It depends on the weekend for me. Sometimes I get bad, sometimes I don't. I'm mostly doing meal replacement shakes and protein bars during the day right now to help get my weight off, but then I always try to do an amazing dinner. That way I never feel deprived. I also always try to leave at least 700-800 for dinner every night so I can have an amazing dinner.