NIke+GPS

Options
Just recently I started to track my calories, but I have a quick question concerning workouts.

Along with tracking my calories I purchased the Nike+GPS app for my Iphone, I haven't used in yet, but I plan to tomorrow during my workout. I'm using this to basically track my calories.

I know this works while running on the treadmill, but my workouts usually are more then just running. I usually partake in many other activities like basketball baseball, Frisbee, ect.

Also my job is a workout itself almost.

So basically I wanted to know if anybody uses the Nike+GPS, and if they do I was wondering if I can use this while playing other sports or at work to count my calories accurately.

Replies

• bmj1985
    bmj1985 Posts: 32
    Options
    I've used it by running outside and really liked it because it kept track of my pace, distance and calories. I haven't tried it for other activities. I think your best bet would be a heart rate monitor because my heart rate monitor always calculates more calories burned than the Nike+GPS or a machine at the gym. In general it should give you a great idea of where you're at with calories burned but if you want really specific readings I would invest in a heart rate monitor.
  • Chitownblue
    Options
    Thanks for the replay.

Maybe I'll check it out. Do you have one Heart rate monitor in specific I should check out?