Good Protein Breakfasts?

Options
I need something that's filling and will get my energized to exercise in the morning. Is watermelon good?:smile:

Replies

• AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I need something that's filling and will get my energized to exercise in the morning. Is watermelon good?:smile:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am a egg beater and morning star sausage gal in the morning. It's filling, tasty, low cal (150) and high in protien.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like the Quaker "Weight Control" oatmeal. Normally, oatmeal is waste of time for me...cuz I'm hungry 20 minutes later. But this stuff is high protein and high fiber...so it actually fills me up. I usually put some blueberries on top too.

I also make smoothies with frozen fruit, soy milk, and protein powder. I assemble all the stuff in the blender the night before (except the milk), so in the AM, I just throw in the milk and a frozen banana, hit puree and am good to go!
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    i would think watermelon would not keep the hunger off for long - it is mostly water...

don't get me wrong - great to eat but not if you're looking for something with "staying power"

but i can't talk much - i exercise in the morning on an empty stomach (i get an upset stomach if i eat frist). but then i eat an english muffin or some egg beaters afterward.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Prior to my workout, I eat a banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter. That gives me the protein and carbs I need to sustain my energy level and digests quickly so I don't get an upset stomach. Then I eat an egg with canadian bacon and a slice of whole wheat toast after my workout. I also like the "weight control" oatmeal with fruit that maestrachistosa mentioned!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I usually go for yogurt and some fruit, but I do have the occaisional omelette (yum) load it with lots of yummy veggies instead of meats and cheeses. Although I do throw a bit of light cheddar on mine.

Watermelon is a good choice but it's not high in protein. You'll need to add meats/alts and/or dairy to that breakfast to get your protein.

I'm sorry hun, I just looked at your profile. At 12 years old you should NOT be dieting in any context. The amount of calories a growing body like yours needs is completely different that what an adult woman needs. This website is intended for adults, 18+. At 12, your body is still changing and growing. Everyone goes through an awkward phase around your age, most girls get chubby, then sprout upwards, balancing out the changes. You can, and should, make healthy choices like fruits and vegetables when you can but you SHOULD NOT be counting your calories or limiting your intake in anyway. If you are concerned about your weight or changing body you should talk to a parent or doctor, they can offer you helpful and HEALTHY advice. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I usually have nonfat cottage cheese with some apple butter stirred in. A half cup of weis brand nonfat cottage cheese is about 13g of protein.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOVE Soy Joy bars because they keep me full for a while but only 4g of protein
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    I like yogurt with berries and granola! It is easy and filling!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I usually go for yogurt and some fruit, but I do have the occaisional omelette (yum) load it with lots of yummy veggies instead of meats and cheeses. Although I do throw a bit of light cheddar on mine.

Watermelon is a good choice but it's not high in protein. You'll need to add meats/alts and/or dairy to that breakfast to get your protein.

I'm sorry hun, I just looked at your profile. At 12 years old you should NOT be dieting in any context. The amount of calories a growing body like yours needs is completely different that what an adult woman needs. This website is intended for adults, 18+. At 12, your body is still changing and growing. Everyone goes through an awkward phase around your age, most girls get chubby, then sprout upwards, balancing out the changes. You can, and should, make healthy choices like fruits and vegetables when you can but you SHOULD NOT be counting your calories or limiting your intake in anyway. If you are concerned about your weight or changing body you should talk to a parent or doctor, they can offer you helpful and HEALTHY advice. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

Wow!! I didn't realize you were so young!! I wholeheartedly agree with this post!!