30-day Shred..how many calories?

Options
I started 30-day Shred today, but I'm not sure how to track my calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I dont know but I do it too.
    Ive been told to put it under aerobics, high impact and put in your mins.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    They say to pick "circuit training" on the exercise log...
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training and the workout is 26mins long
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I enter it as 25 minutes of circuit training, general
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and the 26:52 seconds for me burns 260cals.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I always logged it as circuit training and when I got my HRM and double checked - it wasn't too far off.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I always logged it as circuit training and when I got my HRM and double checked - it wasn't too far off.
    Sorry don't know why this posted twice!
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    It should be logged as Circuit training because it is exactly that. It's not aerobic because you only do 2 minutes at a time of Cardio.
    The caloric burn is going to be different for everyone because it's based on your weight and height. When I do it I only burn 225 calories.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    what about how many calories at level one and then level 2 and 3? shouldnt there be more calories burned during 2 and 3 because they are tougher????

I log circuit training general for 27 minutes but think it would be different calories burned at each level...?
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I did the shred last spring and logged it as 27 minutes of Circuit training. I got an HRM toward the end of the shred and it was pretty close.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It should be logged as Circuit training because it is exactly that. It's not aerobic because you only do 2 minutes at a time of Cardio.
    The caloric burn is going to be different for everyone because it's based on your weight and height. When I do it I only burn 225 calories.
  • peimomof2
    Options
    what about how many calories at level one and then level 2 and 3? shouldnt there be more calories burned during 2 and 3 because they are tougher????

I log circuit training general for 27 minutes but think it would be different calories burned at each level...?

I'm doing the 30 day shred as well, and was also wondering how many calories would you burn?. Aren't you going to burn more calories at a higher level of intensity?
  • peimomof2
    Options

I'm doing the 30 day shred as well, and was also wondering how many calories would you burn?. Aren't you going to burn more calories at a higher level of intensity?
  • kimmyh70
    kimmyh70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    great post, i've been doing the shred for 11 days now and have been wondering how many calories i'm actually burning also!