silk unsweetened coconut milk?

Options
gooberr4
gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
Has anyone tried it? I saw it in the grocery store tonight. one serving is 35 calories! crazy!

Replies

• JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's good, but it is also an aquired taste
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I havent tried the coconut, but I did try the unsweetened chocolate......definitely didnt like.
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chocolate should NEVER be unsweetened..lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't care for it. Gimme a can of thai kitchen any day!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Chocolate should NEVER be unsweetened..lol

Yeah it was really disgusting. I didn't think it tasted like chocolate whatsoever.
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For me it goes like this...I can't drink it like a glass of milk....didn't care for at all....However, in cereal or for cooking i couldn't tell any difference. It's pretty thick when you pour it, but you don't notice it when your eating it.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    For me it goes like this...I can't drink it like a glass of milk....didn't care for at all....However, in cereal or for cooking i couldn't tell any difference. It's pretty thick when you pour it, but you don't notice it when your eating it.

we're talking about the same coconut milk, here, right? I found the Silk coconut milk VERY watery, somewhere between rice milk and almond milk. Good coconut milk is thick like heavy cream.
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree with tamiash. Coconut milk is not something I would drink on it's own, but mixed in with other things it's wonderful! I have used in oatmeal and cereal and it always comes out wonderful :)
  • wishup2thestars
    Options
    I like it on my cereal. I prefer the unsweetened Almond milk by Blue Diamond called Almond Breeze. It's cheaper than Silk and I think it tastes better. Almond is more nutritious than coconut too. I think we'll be buying one of each during the week. That way we can treat ourselves on the occasion.
  • coakes31
    coakes31 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr Oz the other day on this and he was talking about 3 kinds of milk...Coconut, Almond and Hemp I attached the link in case you wanted to see what he was talking about. Coconut helps with weight loss, Almond helps with your skin and Hemp is supposed help with your memory.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/new-miracle-health-drink?hs317=billboard_3

Im sure they are all an aquired taste just drinking it alone, but maybe you wouldnt recognize it if you ate it with cereal or other foods.