Spiked Crazily.

Options
I had a bad night last night, spent the night in the hospital and when I came out, I went to maccas[Mcdonalds], still not feeling great. I ate a NYC bagel and a bacon and egg mcmuffin for breakfast, with orange juice. That already brought me down 972 calories. I need reassurance, do I just eat regular from now on and then reset tomorrow again like any other times I spike? Or should I just try and do a long enough work out to work all that off.

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If I understand why you entered the hospital, you definitely should change your eating habits, unless that is why you were there in the first place. As far as burning it off, I would say attempt to do it over several sessions instead of just one.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    First off, I hope you're ok! Being in the hospital is no fun, whether you were hurt or sick. Secondly, I would say continue your day as best as you can; don't try to work out if you're not feeling up to it, if you're still not feeling well. Then have a fresh start tomorrow.
  • jnknzxD
    jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was in hospital for depression. I just needed to get out and be in a safe environment since I should be appreciating life right now.

But what do you mean over several sessions? Over a few days? or...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you didn't say you were just in hospital, I would say just go and workout and eat healthy for the rest of the day but depending on what you were in there for, it may be best to take the day off and get some rest.

We all have indulgences :) I had a delicious ice cream on Sunday that I was guilty about for about 20mins and then I was over it :P Just work it off and next workout.
  • jnknzxD
    Options
    It's weird, but I was in the hospital and it made me feel so much better. I think it also helps that I actually want to be a nurse in the future. But that's not the point. I'll do my best with the working out and burn as much as I can. But I think this is my 2nd fresh start in 2 weeks. Haha ^^;
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just rest up until you're better. Take a day or two to recover if you need to. You're not going to gain a bunch of weight in a day or two. There's no sense in straining yourself and making things worse!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I would say just start fresh tomorrow.
  • jnknzxD
    Options
    Mmmm Ice cream. Damn you Chris for making me think of it haha. I just don't want to keep restarting like I have been. It feels bad.

@Carl; That's true. I haven't done that bad in the previous days, I actually had trouble eating up the calories I needed each day.
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    everyone has a "bad" day. just call it a "cheat day" :]
    exercise tonight! it'll make up for it too
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    hehe sorry. Ok another option which I like to do is find a healthy dessert style recipe and make some of that up. Then when I get a "sweet tooth" I can have some of my precooked healthy ones. After my icecream Sunday I went and made some choc/berry protein brownies. Heaps of good recipes on here. My issue is eating half the mixture before cooking :P
  • jnknzxD
    Options
    Lol I'll keep that in mind. @_@ I've been at this for like, almost 5 weeks and I haven't lost anything though, I'm a bit worried.
  • jnknzxD
    Options
    @Chris : Hahaha, That's super adorable.