What time to weigh yourself (working overnights)

Options
Ok, so my understanding is that you should weigh yourself at around the same time of day, and it is good to do it in the mornings, because that is your "real weight".

Well, I just switched to midnights and the times I eat are changing drastically, for instance, I am eating my lunch now, 3am. So do I weigh in after I wake up from sleeping, like 5pm? or do I stick with the morning weigh in?

Replies

• Davidsalthouse
    Options
    Ok, so my understanding is that you should weigh yourself at around the same time of day, and it is good to do it in the mornings, because that is your "real weight".

Well, I just switched to midnights and the times I eat are changing drastically, for instance, I am eating my lunch now, 3am. So do I weigh in after I wake up from sleeping, like 5pm? or do I stick with the morning weigh in?
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    It sounds like you are a night person... I would weight yourself when you wake up... I do it when I first get up in the morning. You flucuate around 3 to 5 pounds during the day... It is what ever time is best for you. good luck with your goals.
    Melissa
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    You should weigh yourself when you wake up...whatever that time may be. You're weight will change throughout the day...Sometimes for amusement I'll weigh myself all day to watch the changes, but even if i gain 3 to 5 lbs in that day when I go to sleep and weigh myself in the morning it will be back to what it should be. There are different factors that will make your weight vary all day long and that will throw your weight check off.
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yeah i would wait till you get up to weigh yourself.