running shoes

Options
just want some input on running shoes you all recommend. i have kind of narrowed it down to reebok zigs or nike free run+... but im still open to suggestions before i go spend around a hundred dollars on shoes and regret it..

Replies

• mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    SAUCONY'S SAUCONY'S SAUCONY'S.... i was about to buy a pair of what i considered comfy shoes & then saw one more pair to try one and I've bought them ever since. Saucony's are SO comfy with good cushion. I always baby my feet. i've tried other shoes since then in the store but they've never been able to beat the soft saucony's. tj maxx has had them for $35,... sports authority has had them for 50 & the runnings stores & dsw have them too
  • juliechiera
    Options
    If
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Go somewhere that will look at your feet and tell you what is good for the way you run. It makes all the difference in the world!!!!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Go to a running or fitness store and get fitted for shoes. Everybody's foot is different and they impact their feet diferrently. Belive me it doesn't matter if they are $200 shoes,if they aren't for your foot type they are crap..
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Running shoes are a really personal thing as each foot is different. Personally I like my Asics GT2030, though I'm thinking of going Mizuno for my next pair. I tried on a pair of Mizuno Nirvana 6 while I was looking for gym shoes the other week and they were super comfy and really light.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My novice recommendation... get fitted by a professional! Seriously, doesn't matter what they look like, but that they work for your particular feet and style of movement. I went in, had her look at my feet, she watched me walk, and found me the most comfortable shoes ever! Would never have picked them based on looks (they're not bright pink!) but they work for me and I've logged lots of miles already in just two weeks!!!!

Good luck!

BTW, I was fitted with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11's.... great fit for my slightly wide flat feet!
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    SAUCONYS~~~~
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Go somewhere that will look at your feet and tell you what is good for the way you run. It makes all the difference in the world!!!!

Ditto on these last two posts. It doesn't matter what shoe it is if it doesn't fit properly. Since everyone's feet are different, what someone else suggests may not be right for you. I went to a running store, where they videotaped me on a treadmill so they could see if I tend to overpronate, supinate, whatever. Then based on that, they recommended certain shoes that would correct the problem. After I found the pair that fit me best, they videotaped me again to make sure everything was aligned properly. I don't even know what brand I ended up with but all I know is that they are the best running shoes for me.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    SAUCONYS~~~~ Are the best an not expensive. I love mine!!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love my mizuno's. I always wore nike but these are Mizuno waves are fantastic.
  • PharmCat12
    Options

Absolutely agree!! I used to hate running until I got professionally fitted for shoes. Turns out I pronate my feet a ton and it was causing me significant joint pain. The shoes fixed the problem and now running is so nice!!
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last few posts. The opinions of others mean nothing in what will work for you. I wear and love Saucony, something recommended by a few folks here and found Asics Kayano like running on razor blades. Yet it was recommended by someone too. It has everything to do with finding what works for you. Don't just try them on and take a few steps. Have someone measure your feet, put on the shoes he/she gives you and really take them for a spin--down the street if they'll let you out of the store, but at least around the store for quite a while. And put them both on. My left foot and right foot feel completely different in shoes.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I had some knee issues, until I found the Brooks Beast, I love them, I have Fred Flintstone feet though, wide, definately go and get fitted
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i love asics and saucony :) asics have a bit more support while saucony has more cushion. its all up to you! Nike is actually rated very low for running, but they make great cross training shoes
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Ditto on these last two posts. It doesn't matter what shoe it is if it doesn't fit properly. Since everyone's feet are different, what someone else suggests may not be right for you. I went to a running store, where they videotaped me on a treadmill so they could see if I tend to overpronate, supinate, whatever. Then based on that, they recommended certain shoes that would correct the problem. After I found the pair that fit me best, they videotaped me again to make sure everything was aligned properly. I don't even know what brand I ended up with but all I know is that they are the best running shoes for me.

Wow!! What store was that? I have been wanting better running shoes myself and didn't really think places like Sports Authority, Finish Line, ect would do anything but measure length of feet
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I agree! Go get fitted for shoes! I swear by my Mizuno's but they fit me right and have the proper support. See if there is a Road Runner or Fleet Feet or any running/triathlon specialty store should be able to help you out. It makes a HUGE difference :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    The actual brand of shoe is almost irrelevant. It's the proper style & fitting shoe for your foot. All brands make various kinds for various types of feet.
  • kym38
    kym38 Posts: 48
    Options
    My favs are the Brooks Ghost 3 - light weight!!