Changing Scales

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how you deal with a weigh in from different scales? I am sometimes on the road for a week or so and weigh at a motel but when I return home my scale is never the same calibration. The latest looks like a 3lb difference, of course not in my favor. :-)

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    YOU CAN'T JUST PICK ONE TO TRUST AND USE THE REST AS A GUIDE.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I personally would only weigh in on one scale, even if that means waiting a week or so. This way you don't have the issue of discrepancies. I only weigh in at my gym scale even though I do believe it is off. This way, I see my loss..
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Don't do different scales. You should always weigh in on the same scale at the same time wearing the same amount of clothing. Preferably early in the morning before you eat after you go to the bathroom. Don't weight when you are out, just wait until you are home.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    only weigh in about 1 x per week tops and pay more attention to daily health and what your doing to make it better, the scale is a number and not the indicator to good health, just sayin' ;) friend me anyone for daily food for thought inspiration ;)
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    I personally would only weigh in on one scale, even if that means waiting a week or so. This way you don't have the issue of discrepancies. I only weigh in at my gym scale even though I do believe it is off. This way, I see my loss..

I TEST MY GYM SCALE ABOUT 1 EVERY 2 WEEK WITH FREE WEIGHTS AT 25 , 50 , 75, 100 LBS TO MAKE SURE IT IS RIGHT
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    This is a recent frustration of mine! I was out of town all last week and weighed myself on at least 4 different scales, none were consistent throughout the week. I like to weigh myself before doing cardio so I can input the correct weight on the treadmill/elliptical. I only log it to MFP on Mondays. Since all the scales were off last week, it does make me wonder if my regular scale is right or wrong. Oh well. Like another post, at least one scale keeps you more consistent on a loss or gain, even if it is not exactly accurate.
  • rcgrissom
    rcgrissom Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to just use my home scale and if I am out for a few weeks I'll have to wait until I get home to log my weight. I'll use the others as a guideline for exercising:flowerforyou:
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    As you can't track your weight whilst you are away, what about tracking your body measurements
    as chucking a tape measure into your case won't add much weight and might help
    if you are getting worried?