Dissapointed in my scales...

Options
Well i haven't long started on my weight loss jorney and have had small success, well thats what i thought. But because of a medical condition I have regular checks with my GP and they weighed me today and their scale says i have gained since my last visit. So discouraging, I'm having a hard time staying motivated. I have been trying to change and my GP came down on me so hard about gaining (its crucial I lose more for my health) I sat in my car and cried for almost 30 mins after leaving. Totally gutted right now.

Replies

• magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OH nooo :( maybe it's muscles!! Do you work out?
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    It's amazing to me that more student doctors don't pay attention in psychology class. It is unfortunate that your doctor seems as though he is callous. I used to go to a cardiologist who was the same way. It made me dread the visits. It made me feel impossibly small and worthless.

You know you have decided to make a change. Continue to work on your program. You will find success if you keep working at it. Next visit, you may have lost 15 pounds or so. Just give him an "how do you like them apples" smile when he sees the progress you've made. You can do this! Don't let his lack of "bedside manner" get you down.
  • chickybabe05
    Options
    It's amazing to me that more student doctors don't pay attention in psychology class. It is unfortunate that your doctor seems as though he is callous. I used to go to a cardiologist who was the same way. It made me dread the visits. It made me feel impossibly small and worthless.

You know you have decided to make a change. Continue to work on your program. You will find success if you keep working at it. Next visit, you may have lost 15 pounds or so. Just give him an "how do you like them apples" smile when he sees the progress you've made. You can do this! Don't let his lack of "bedside manner" get you down.

Thank you, it was a hard visit and im not looking forward to the next one thats for sure. I have decided not to let it derail me. I'm just going to keep on at it, and prove i CAN do it. ANd if the doctor doesn't change his attitude, i will change doctors. I need support not judgement.

And yes I do workout a littlebit, as much as i can with all of my limitations, so it is possible its muscle i guess