jillian michaels 30 Day Shred??

Options
I just ordered the 30DS online and im wondering who has tried it and what they thought??
Also about how many calories are burned in a workout?

Replies

• Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level 1, and I love it! I can really feel that it's doing something and my strength is increasing. It was brutal at first, but I had never exercised before so ti was a big change for my body.

I burned 300 calories to begin, and now that my body has grown accustomed to the work-out I burn about 225 in the 20 minutes.
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    I am impressed with it. I started it 6 days ago. So tar so good. I have heard nothing but positive things about it. I burn around 200 but it depends. If you have a HRM you can accurately answer this. It depends on your fitness, weight, age, and etc. My gf..abt 300. Do it, u will be happy:)
  • JanellesLife
    JanellesLife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout; I like the whole series. Probably about 200-250 calories, depending on how intensely you feel doing the exercises. I always estimate on the "low'....
  • alicial3
    alicial3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2 and it's a killer. So hard but so worth it! You can definitely feel a difference. Be prepared to be very sore in the beginning, just power through it and you'll get stronger. I've already gone down 2 pants sizes (maybe technically 1 because I was probably on the border of the first). Good luck! Oh and another tip, start out with light weights. My first day I tried 5lbs and I couldn't do anything.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm not technically doing the actual program (I use it for my "off" days that I don't go to the gym), but I really like the workouts. They're short and there's a lot of variation in the movements, so you don't get too bored. It's definitely as difficult as you want to make it. Their pace is pretty slow with most of the movements, so I like to amp it way up with the cardio stuff (jumping jacks, buttkicks, skaters, etc.).

Good luck! You're gonna love it!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 years old, and weigh 102 kilograms (you do the conversion). I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 days shred DVD for 23 days now, I did try level 2 but moved myself back to level 1, this is a hard enough work out for me. I have a long way to go but what I like most is that it is making me feel strong and capable.
  • smashpants22
    smashpants22 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    wow im actually really looking forward to it now haha
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    It WORKS!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i love it ive been doing it since november, if you add cardio at first you can burn major
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    BTW..I measured today. I have lost 2.5 inches off my waist since starting shred. ...finished my sixth day. That is encouraging!! do it:)
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I love it! You feel so good after each workout. And with it only being 20 minutes there's really no excuse not to do it every day.
    Good luck and have fun! :)