Automatic calories goal reset help

Options
I was reading on mfp and according to mfp your calories goal suppose to reset itself automatically everytime you lose ten lbs. I had lost over 30 lbs and my calories goal always been the same.
Does anyone know if should do something on my sering? I know I can manually change my calories intake goal but I need the formula to figure out what my goal should be.

Or can you let me know the formula so I can figure out what my calories deficit should be or how many calories should I be eating to loose an x amount of weight per week?

Pardon me in advance for the grammatical errors, I'm typing this from my cell phone from the comfort of my pillow.

Replies

• chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing. I found if you go into your settings and then update diet/fitness profile, then re-enter your current and goal weight (even if they are the same), then click save changes, it updates your daily calorie goal. I just did this a few days ago myself.
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello - As you enter your weight loss, it saves it under your profile. Then go to Settings/Update diet/fitness profile
    When you save, it will update your calorie intake :)
    Hope this helps.. Good LUCK!!
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi chuck, thanks I was thinking of doing that but I did not because I though it will change my bar at the bottom of my signature to zero and the total weight lost will not match with my actual total lost. Does that happed to you when you reset it? Or will still show the actual accurate info?
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    Just enter your current weight... And then save.. You don't have to change your goal or anything.. Unless you are wanting to adjust that. You can do it under "weigh in"
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    thank you all, I was thinking of doing that but I did not because I though it will change my bar at the bottom of my signature to zero and the total weight loss will not match with my actual total . If I save it will still show the actual accurate total weight lost or will it reset itself to zero?
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    It will still show the correct weight... My iphone app automatically asked me if I wanted it adjusted at the first 10 pounds.. but my new phone's app didn't.. So I had to get on here and save it this morning.. and my ticker is still right
  • Tuplatano
    Options
    Thank you teran and all. I just did it and my ticket still is correct. I was worry about that. The new calories goal suck lol :).