HELP Please!!! Dessert with no sugar?

Options
jlmnk1313
jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
I am can't have sugar or sweeteners. I have a terrible sweet tooth and really need someone who has a dessert that is either sweetened with applesauce or friut or brown ryce syrup ect. I am dying for a dessert but I have no idea's please help me!!!!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Frozen Grapes, Fresh Apples, Pears, Bananas, Strawberrys, etc.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    they make equal like stuff that is in volume equivalent to sugar.
  • mrsmojo82
    mrsmojo82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try this ice cream. http://www.clemmysicecream.com/
    It's sweetened with xylitol. It doesn't raise insulin like Splenda, Sweet N Low, etc. It's great!
    Or try Joesph's sugar free cookies.
    http://www.josephslitecookies.com/
  • buckywaters
    Options
    When my sweet tooth starts nagging me, I make an all-fruit smoothie! Sounds silly, but if you pour it into a martini glass, it feels really decadent. :)

Here's a recipe for my favorite low-cal kind (Serves one):

• 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
    • 1/4 cup chopped banana (I like to keep frozen chopped banana pre-measured in my freezer, but un-frozen works just as well)
    • 1 1/4 cups orange juice (I like lots of pulp for smoothies)

Blend in a blender, and enjoy! :) This generously-sized smoothie is only about 200 calories.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If cookies are your thing, the following delicious RAW recipe is from my vegan website www.onestopveganhealthshop.com

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 c walnuts
    1 c dried figs or 1/2 overripe banana
    3 c raw oats
    1/4 c raw cacao nibs
    1 T cinnamon
    1 tsp cardamom
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    pinch of salt
    6 T nut milk
    1/2 c goji berries, black currants or raisins

Directions:

1. Using a food processor, grind almonds to a flour-like powder.
    2. Add figs or banana, oats, cacao nibs, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and salt and blend again.
    3. Pour nut milk all over mixture, top up with goji berries, black currants or raisins and blend until mixture is sticky.
    4. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
    5. Using your hands form the mixture into cookies.
    6. Let cookies sit in fridge 15-20 minutes to set and enjoy!
  • mcarmon
    mcarmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There are literally hundreds of recipes that use applesauce instead of oil, but I'm not aware of using it in place of sugar. At any rate, just be aware that replacing items in baking has a huge impact on texture, how the food rises, etc. You may be better off just eating the applesauce or fruit.
  • Shelty64
    Shelty64 Posts: 18
    Options
    This is what I eat for a sweet snack. But, only once a week.

Simply Lite Dark Chocolate at Trader Joe's. The review and calorie info is in the link below.

http://districtchocoholic.blogspot.com/2011/01/sugar-free-chocolate-options-simply.html
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Can you use agave or honey...or just the rice sweetener you mentioned. I don't like sweet n low, nutrasweet or splenda, but I have started using stevia because it is derived from a plant and not made of chemicals. Are you allergic to the sweeteners?
  • camwee
    camwee Posts: 4
    Options
    STRAWBERRY TRIFLE

1 qt. strawberries
    1 sugar free angel food cake
    1 lg. box Jello sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
    Cool Whip (light)

Tear cake into 1-inch cubes. Prepare pudding as directed on the box. Line bowl with a layer of cake, berries and pudding. Continue layering. Top with Cool Whip.
  • Leighann2011
    Options
    I would go with some sugar free Angel Pound Cake that you can get at Wal-Mart, and strawberries--yum!
  • sensiblejeans
    Options
    This may be a no-brainer but I really like Jell-O sugar free jellos and puddings -- I generally make them "from scratch," but they come in prepared packages too, of course. I also like sugar free Cool Whip, although corn syrup is somehow one of the ingredients. In any case, very low-cal, low/no sugar dessert.

Also, I enjoy the Skinny Cow dessert products, and they make sugar-free ice cream sandwiches. My husband thinks they taste chemically (which they do, I guess), but I still think they taste good.

* I reread the original post and understood it to mean that you can't have sugar or artifical sweeteners - so if that's the case, my suggestions are not helpful, sorry!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Can you use agave or honey...or just the rice sweetener you mentioned. I don't like sweet n low, nutrasweet or splenda, but I have started using stevia because it is derived from a plant and not made of chemicals. Are you allergic to the sweeteners?

I can't have any sweetners unless they are from a grain or fruit! That is way I can have brown ryce syrup since it's from a grain. I am allergic apparently :(
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions everyone! My diet is kinda wonky at the moment because i can't have sugar or sweetener or corn (corn syrup) or yeast so i am VERY limited. I am allergic to them (I apparently ate them too often and now body doesn't do well with them) Thanks again and any other suggestions are muchly appreciated!