vegetarin recipies

Options
Hi guys,
I'm trying to cut out processed foods & I'm heavily relying on quorn products at the moment as they make up the majority of my main meals. Could anyone point me in the direction of some healthy veggie dinner ideas that are quite quick/easy as I'm very busy and a lousy cook :laugh:

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do a search for Quiona black bean salad. It is awesome.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few since I have been trying to eat mainly veggie :) Can't think of any now since it is 530am and I am on the way to work though lol I will add you as a friend though and send some along when i wakeup hehe
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    400 g courgette (zucchini)s
    2 medium sized aubergines (egg plant)
    400 g tomatoes tinned or fresh (tinned is quicker)
    1 tbls oil
    200 g mushrooms
    concentrated tomato puree (paste)
    1 tbsp chopped parsley
    1 tsp chopped marjoram
    1 tsp chopped thyme

* or whatever herbs you have handy

salt and pepper
    250 ml vegetable stock or water
    400 g potatoes
    Spring onions

method

Skin and chop the onions

Slice the unpeeled courgettes and aubergines

Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions for a few minutes.

Turn into a 3 litre casserole with the courgettes, aubergines, tomatoes, mushrooms, tomato puree, and seasoning.

Mix well and pour in the stock or water.

Peel boil and mash the potatoes add chopped spring oninon & a little butter, season as required

cooking time depends on how soft you like your vegetables, for me about 15 minutes.

serve vegetables on top of mashed potato.

Enjoy
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    bump always good to have more ideas
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love making a quick veggie saute or stir fry! I typically use onions, bell peppers (any color), zucchini, squash and sometimes asparagus or broccoli. Spray a pan with non stick spray (or 1 Tbsp. olive oil) and saute veggies over medium heat until they are the tenderness you want. You can season with any spices or sauces you want to make it into any dish! I use it for:
    pasta primavera, fried rice (add soy sauce), fajitas (add hot sauce), or mix with red sauce. I hope this helps!!