It's Pancake Day!

Options
2»

Replies

• jadorex40x
    jadorex40x Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    already made mine and eaten one with lemon and a little sugar, i use original recipe 4oz plain flour,half pint semi skimmed milk, 1 egg, and one cal spray to fry in, Will try to walk the dog and do my Wii just dance later cos i keep going over my daily calories allowance, but my thought is if you deprive yourself of the goodies you ike you just end up wanting them more so everything in moderation is my fix.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm a traditional lemon and sugar girl. But I must admit I wasn't going to indulge this year. Will be hard though because hubbie and the kids will be having them tonight. So how many calories are there in one pancake?
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    We have ready mix tbh i dread too think how many calories are in it. But will try keep track! I usually have lemon n sugar too! xxx
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Julezebub - are you from Ireland by any chance? Only Irish Catholics know that St Patrick gave us a day off Lent!!

I don't see the point of pancake mixes, in fact, they're one of those things that get me irrationally annoyed. There are only 3 ingredients in a pancake batter - why would you bother with a mix??

Looking forward to mine with lemon and sugar tonight - thank God Sainsburys were out of Nutella or I may have been tempted...
  • patts83
    patts83 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just had ours at work and i went totally all out - 2 pancakes with banana and Nutella - circa 500 Kcals - disaster. BUT tomorrow i give up eating like a pig for lent so need to get it out of my system!! Enjoy everyone!!! I sure did :))))
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I shall be having nutella on one and treacle on the other,, not bothered about the cals, lent tomorrow so making the most of it today.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love you all - I'd totally forgotten it was pancake day!

That spinach version sounds a bit good - and then a lemon and sugar one, yum!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'll be having them for tea with banana, maple syrup a nd some toasted pecans. I'll be hitting the gym for a 700 calorie workout first though and eating very healthily the rest of the day. Cant wait! yum!
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm a traditional lemon and sugar girl. But I must admit I wasn't going to indulge this year. Will be hard though because hubbie and the kids will be having them tonight. So how many calories are there in one pancake?

Using a simple recipe of 4oz plain flour, one egg and half a pint of skimmed milk makes 8-10 pancakes, depending on the size of your pan. That comes to 550 calories, so about 50-70 calories per pancake.

Lots of delicious filling ideas here! I like to stick with the traditional lemon and sugar on pancake day itself, but I'm definitely tempted to try out a few of the other ideas over the year.
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Annerea, yes! I am from Ireland. Sligo to be exact but I live in London these days. Paddy's day used to be the oasis in the desert that was lent haha!
    I do intend to enjoy my pancakes. I say go for the Nutella!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Using a simple recipe of 4oz plain flour, one egg and half a pint of skimmed milk makes 8-10 pancakes, depending on the size of your pan. That comes to 550 calories, so about 50-70 calories per pancake.

Lots of delicious filling ideas here! I like to stick with the traditional lemon and sugar on pancake day itself, but I'm definitely tempted to try out a few of the other ideas over the year.

That doesn't sound too ruinous!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What are you guys entering for an avg pancake made with semi skimed milk. No toppings just a plain pancake. (100grams made up).

Does about 150 cals sound about right
  • Izumimon
    Izumimon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Ok silly American here, never heard of lemon and sugar on pancakes. Is it lemon juice with sugar or lemon slices or am I way off? Sounds like a better option than my usual syrup.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i cooked my boys them for breaky i had none :)
    i cooked them for thier pudding tonight and i had none :)
    1st time EVER!!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you're having lemon and sugar - a squeeze of lemon (usually from a plastic lemon thingy) and a sprinkle of sugar over that. Vanilla sugar's good if you have it!

I had my lettuce and marmite - and it was delicious! I used a mixture of spinach, rocket and watercress and it was just wonderful!

For my second pancake I had a little grated cheese, some wafer thin ham, and another handful of greens. Mmmmmm.

i don't really do these chocolatey, fruity, icing sugar laden, marshmallowy pancakes <shrug>

I used the Tesco pancake mix, 2 pancakes per the database (and backed up by the nutritional info on the label) were 380 cals.