Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Less weight/more reps vs. More weight/less reps??

13»

Replies

• newman50
    newman50 Posts: 16
    OF course if your goal is to gain muscle then you can not lose fat and gain muscle at the same time..its phisologically impossible.

I must be a freak because that is exactly what I am managing to do ?

Can you be more specific here please. Are you saying you are mananging to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time whilst running a consistent caloire deficit?

I will be succinct, yes (and my trainer agrees)
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    so i did a little arm work tonight. just bicep curls and lateral lifts. i went up 1 lb with the weights and still did 2 sets of 10 reps. it burned a little at the end but i still managed to get through it. i will work with this weight till i can do 3 sets and then move up in weight again. i love this!! thanks again for all the advice and comments,.

don't waste your time with biceps curls, that is an exercise that serves no purpose but increasing the size of the biceps. try this go from a bent over rows to vertical rows to upright press to squats. this is a full body workout that takes about ten minutes. routines like this are about getting a maximal result for a minimal amount of effort.

tell you the truth you can get a full body strength routine without ever touching a weight. jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, hindu pushups, crunches, then lunges. same concept using entirely your own body weight, this works almost every muscle in the body.

here is a really good article on developing a strength routine in terms of athletic conditioning.
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/strengthtrainingprograms.html
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Hey, good job!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    so i did a little arm work tonight. just bicep curls and lateral lifts. i went up 1 lb with the weights and still did 2 sets of 10 reps. it burned a little at the end but i still managed to get through it. i will work with this weight till i can do 3 sets and then move up in weight again. i love this!! thanks again for all the advice and comments,.

don't waste your time with biceps curls, that is an exercise that serves no purpose but increasing the size of the biceps. try this go from a bent over rows to vertical rows to upright press to squats. this is a full body workout that takes about ten minutes. routines like this are about getting a maximal result for a minimal amount of effort.

tell you the truth you can get a full body strength routine without ever touching a weight. jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, hindu pushups, crunches, then lunges. same concept using entirely your own body weight, this works almost every muscle in the body.

here is a really good article on developing a strength routine in terms of athletic conditioning.
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/strengthtrainingprograms.html

thanks!! i did get on the treadmill first. but thanks for all the other ideas!!