2 week challenge

Options
Hi everyone,

The smaller your goal the easier it is to tackle!! So here it is all set yourself a target weight you would like to reach by 22/03/11 and then we can work at it two weeks at a time. I am going to weight myself once a week on a Tuesday and I think you should all do the same. By the 22/03/11 I would like to lose 7 pounds - re-post the table below and lets get going :) Once this two week challenge has been completed I will put a total lbs loss for the two weeks, and then we will move on to the following two weeks!!

Ideal weight: 140lbs
Target weight for 22nd March 2011: 154lbs
8th March 2011: 161lbs
15th March 2011:
22nd March 2011:

Replies

• laurenmhp
    laurenmhp Posts: 10
    Options
    Come on guys get involved...I dont wanna do this all by myself!!x
  • snappyandsassy
    snappyandsassy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Lauren...I would love to do this challenge with you. I am going to the beach this weekend so I'm setting my at 5lbs. Talk to you again on March 8th.

Andrea

Ideal weight: 135lbs
    Target weight for 22nd March 2011: 145lbs
    8th March 2011: 150lbs
    15th March 2011:
    22nd March 2011:
  • frecklemouse3k
    Options
    I'm game!
    Just joined this site after two months of gaining weight instead of loosing it. I am going to start small with 4 pounds to loose in 2 weeks. Great idea-small steps!
    Ideal weight: 114lbs
    Target weight for 22nd March 2011: 124lbs
    8th March 2011: 138lbs
    15th March 2011:
    22nd March 2011:
  • laurenmhp
    Options
    Lucky you...I love the beach!!! Im going on holiday at the end of July and cant wait!!x
  • laurenmhp
    Options
    Frecklemouse3k sounds like a good target...and achievable!!! I know you can do it :)
  • frecklemouse3k
    Options
    Ok so it is only day three since I have been counting calories and I need help... I am having a hard time eating enough calories but my sugar is a lot higher than MFP is recomending.. I am trying to eat healthy foods but when I actually look at the nutritional information I am stunned. I would love to hear ideas-trying to stay motivated and will also look on the nutrition board.
    thanks
  • luvn2live
    Options
    So, I'm coming in a week late :embarassed: But I just learned about MFP. I like your thought about aiming for small goals so you can enjoy great success without becoming overwhelmed or being too hard on yourself. I want to weigh myself everyday but I'm forcing myself to limit my scale bonding to one day a week. So far since I found MFP I've lost 3.2lbs............with many more to go...........but less then what I started with :wink: It's wierd, I'm eating A LOT more then I was eating before I started using MFP but instead of continuing to gain, I'm loosing!!!! Thanks for the mind shift of setting small goals and keep up the good work ladies!

Start weight: 158lbs
    Ideal weight: 117lbs
    Target weight for 22nd March 2011: 149lbs
    8th March 2011: 155lbs
    15th March 2011: 152lbs
    22nd March 2011: 149lbs
  • laurenmhp
    Options
    Freckle the only thing I can suggest is making things from scratch. Homemade soup, salads, omelettes...all pre-packaged food has alot of sugar and salt in them! Also what I am doing is cutting down my intake of carbs....and Im doing well. Today I have eaten:

1 Yoghurt
    1 carton of vegetable soup - split into two portions so it lasted
    1 massive salad with egg and all the different trimmings
    One pickled onion sandwich on brown bread
    1 Muller rice

I know it's not exactly fresh, but it's fairly healthy and amounted to 1200 kcal. Hope this helps x
  • laurenmhp
    Options
    luvn2live welcome!!! You're right because when you dont watch what you're eating, sometimes you arent even enjoying the food in your mouth. Sometimes you dont even notice youve eaten at all. We're only a small group but we all seem to be motivated.....just got to keep thinking of that summer ahead of us :) We've only started yesterday and we weigh in on a Tuesday, so your pretty much in line. I know what you mean about the scales though...I woke up this morning and got on them....but thats it!! I want it to be a good suprise on Tuesday lol x
  • laurenmhp
    Options
    My first week's results:

Ideal weight: 140lbs
    Target weight for 22nd March 2011: 154lbs
    8th March 2011: 161lbs
    15th March 2011: 158lbs
    22nd March 2011:

Total loss of 3lbs.
  • frecklemouse3k
    Options
    Lauren, thanks for the nutritional advice. I have done an inventory of my pantry and realize how easy it will be for me to replace some things with healthier choices over time, the rice we use, even simple tomato sauces. Anyway this week I was doing great, then my mother came to stay with me and we have been eating out way to much. She is gone tomorrow so I can get back to my routine.

Despite my setbacks this week I have lost 2 pounds since week 1

8th March 2011: 138lbs
    15th March 2011: 136lbs
    22nd March 2011:
    Target weight for ND March 2011:134lbs
    Total loss of 2lbs.
  • laurenmhp
    Options
    I had a pizza one night, and went out drinking the next...but still took a couple of pounds off which was good :) four more pounds for next Tuesday is what Im aiming for now...just gotta keep going eeeek x
  • frecklemouse3k
    Options
    Today is the day... I made it past my goal to 133lbs. I think the secret for me has been at least 30 minutes of activity daily, watching sugar and protein intake and most importantly-not eating right before bed. How is everyone else doing?