is it true

Options
is it true that if you don't do an exercise for 20 minutes you will get no benefit from it??? I am set up on the biggest loser for 20 minutes. I can do it but I can not move for 4 days after, let alone do any other exercises I would like to do

Replies

• ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'd assume that anything is better than nothing?
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'd assume that anything is better than nothing?

I agree! Anything is great to start! You will be able to do more eventually if you stick with it!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That's downright silly. Any extra movement = extra calories burned = one step (however small) toward fat loss.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    yep 5 minutes adds up. do 5 when you can and 5 more. i did that last night on my tony little gazelle. i did 6, then 7 then 6 then 6 again. eventually i won't have to break but they add up!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    That "factoid" probably comes from the discovery that CARDIO benefit is seen when folks exercise for ten to fiftteen minutes at a time (some research indicates cardio benefit after ten minutes and other research indicates 15 minutes is the better marker). But like the old game where everyone sits in a ring and one person whispers something into their neighbor's ear and then at the end of the circle, the original message is distorted, this one has kind of been torqued.

In terms of calories burned, it doesn't matter. They all add up. This time element is important only for cardio development. So if that's your goal, shoot for at least ten minutes at a time but remember that you can't start counting until your heart rate is up into the cardio zone (warm up doesn't count!). If you can squeeze that in, ten minutes at a time, you'll be helping your heart too.

Have at it! :)