Pull-ups

beahawk
beahawk Posts: 34 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I have never been able to do a pull-up and I want to change that. Pull-ups engage almost all of your upper body muscles so the exercise is very beneficial. I found the below article and my goal is to follow the plan until I can do pull-ups - meaning more than one!!! Who's with me???

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/3-pullups

Replies

• BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Oooohhh me me me me!!!

Just kidding. I like the P90X way. They just say use a chair or a prop and give yourself some help with your foot until you are doing it.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    I started doing them Jan 1st. lol or should I say trying.As of today I can do four.I was told by my personal trainer pull ups actually work your body from bottom to top.I had a little pouch from having my son tried everything and found this had actually worked it is almost gone:)Good luck and before u know it you will be able to do one.Don't give up took me about two weeks to do one!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Oooohhh me me me me!!!

Just kidding. I like the P90X way. They just say use a chair or a prop and give yourself some help with your foot until you are doing it.

This is how I do it. I usually use a chair.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    I'm going to have a go at the gym tomorrow, it's been a while since I did them, but I used to be able to do a few...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Oooohhh me me me me!!!

That's how I started. Now I can do 3 full ones in a row and a struggling 4th. However, if I take a break and come back to it throughout the day, I can do a cumulative total of 20 so far.
This discussion has been closed.