breastfeeding

do you think i should put breastfeedin down in my excercise log cause it burns alot of calories? please tell me what you think

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    do you think i should put breastfeedin down in my excercise log cause it burns alot of calories? please tell me what you think
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I think you should since you have to eat more due to you breastfeeding.
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    :smile: if you find out how, and get a result in numbers, let me know too please!
    I totally forgot about re-calculating a slightly different number for things like that, and calories
    consumed. I am breastfeeding as well. hmmmmmm interesting!

K, you got me thinking, and I have been researching it.... I found numerous sites that are all the same yet slightly different in there own ways. On average, women who are breastfeeding burn between 200-500 extra calories a day, pending on the women, and size and amount the baby is eating, etc.
    Its not the action of feeding thats burning the weight, its the production of the milk itself.
    Hope that helps. I looked at many sites, google calories burned during beastfeeding!
  • traumarn
    traumarn Posts: 44 Member
    Breastfeeding increases your cal intake my 500 cals per day. It is possible that your body is not getting enough cals. So its going into starvation mode and holding on to your fat storage.