Talapia or fish

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
With lent starting tomorrow, I need some good fish recipes. I have talapia right now and was thinking about brushing it with some fat free ranch and coasting it with panko and some parm cheese and broiling with lots of veggies. Any other ideas would be great.

Replies

• Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    We cook tiplipa simply with some cajun seasoning or traditional seafood seasoning and its yummy!
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    I either do Old Bay, lemon juice and a little butter or EVOO, or there was this recipe I used that had a lemon/butter/tarragon cream sauce. Now that was good!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Almond-Topped-Fish/Detail.aspx

I recently tried it and it was delicious. Allrecipes.com has great ideas for a variety of food. And they're generally low calorie recipes.
  • redrustdobe
    Options
    Search KraftFoods.com for a recipe called Roasted Garlic and Nut-Crusted Fish for a easy, great tasting tilapia recipe. 200cal, 9 fat, 7 carb, 25 protein
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,223 Member
    Options
    I often take some lemon juice and water and cook my fish in a fry pan with it instead of oil. Add some spices to the fish which could be a simple as pepper, or as complex as a spice mix of some kind. It add almost no calories while giving good flavor.
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A brush of olive oil and a tsp of balsamic vinegar is great. Season w/ fresh black pepper, wrap in foil and bake until flaky.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've never done this with tilapia, but it's awesome with salmon or cod. Season fish in a baking dish with lemon juice, a little olive oil, white wine, minced garlic, oregano, parsley. salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until done.
  • redcrow9
    redcrow9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try orange roughy broiled or baked with EVOO and some old bay sprinkled on top. My favorite!
    Or salmon with EVOO basil and garlic or grilled with Montreal steak seasoning. I love this dish with asparagus sauteed with the same seasonings. finish it off with rice and you have my favorite lite meal!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like to take my tilapia and put it in a baking dish and then top it with a can of tomatoes (I prefer to use Rotel with the delicious spicy green chiles) and then bake it for about 30 minutes. Super simple and very tasty.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like to drizzle a little Lime Margarita mix, then coat with crushed tortilla chips. Yummmm.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy!!!!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tried cooking light's pecan crusted tilapia last week. It was so good, I'll make it again before this week is over. And I rarely find a recipe that I love that much! Check it out, it's on cooking light's "most searched" list.
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is Hungry Girl's original recipe for fish tacos...with a few of my changes! SOOO delicious and SOOO easy to fit into your calorie intake for the day, even with having a non-fat peppermint mocha earlier in the day!

Too-EZ Tinfoil-Baked Fish Taco

PER SERVING (entire taco): 232 calories, 3g fat, 279mg sodium, 25g carbs, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 27g protein -- POINTS® value 4* **** (This is for HG's original recipe. Mine is more like 189 calories for the fish, onions, teriyaki & taco seasoning, 71 calories for the tortilla & then a few more for the added veggies.) ****

A tinfoil-baked fish taco?! You won't BELIEVE how simple (and delicious!) this is...

Ingredients:
    4 oz. raw tilapia (fresh or thawed from frozen)
    1 large corn tortilla (like Mission Super Size) ---- (I used Ole Tomato Basil wrap for only 71 calories per tortilla!)
    1/3 cup thinly sliced onion ---- (I sauteed in a bit of olive oil and teriyaki prior to putting in the foil)
    1/3 cup thinly sliced bell pepper (any color) --- (I omitted due to personal preference)
    1/4 cup canned black beans
    1 tsp. lime juice
    1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix ---- (I used Ol El Paso 40% Less Sodium)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place fish and sliced veggies in a bowl, and spray with a light mist of nonstick spray. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and lime juice, and then toss to combine. Set out a large piece of tinfoil, and transfer seasoned fish 'n veggies to the center of the foil. Wrap foil up around food to completely enclose it.

Set foil packet on a baking pan, and place it in the oven. Cook for approximately 10 minutes (until fish is cooked through and flakes apart easily with a fork). Drain excess liquid from the packet, and allow to cool for a few minutes.

Toast or warm tortilla slightly, and then place beans in the center. Add fish and veggies to the tortilla. Fold tortilla sides up, and then chew away!

****I added lettuce, corn, reduced fat cheese & salsa.....YUM!****

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Whitefish and Vegetable Gratin-

A great flavor develops as the fish bakes in wine with a crumb-cheese topping. Use thin fish fillets for this dish.

1 large yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
    1 1/2 pounds whitefish fillets, such as snapper, cod, sole, or tilapia
    1/4 tsp dried basil
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
    1 tomato, sliced
    1/3 cup dry white wine
    1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
    butter flavored cooking spray
    2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Arrange onion slices in a lightly sprayed or oiled 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Place fillets on top and sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Arrange mushrooms on top of fish, then tomato slices. Pour wine over all.

In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with butter flavored cooking spray to moisten. Spread on top of fillets and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, until fish flakes when tested with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I marinate salmon for 20 minutes in 1/2 cup of EV Olive Oil, 1 cup of light soya sauce, two minced garlic cloves and two teaspoons of fresh grated ginger
    Then broil for 10-20 minutes (depending on size of fillets) until fish flakes with a fork.

Very easy and even my 3 year old likes it!
  • mjclefebvre
    Options
    Try this - pat with honey mustard (or a combination 1:1 of honey and mustard), and then top with sliced almonds. In the oven for approx 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish) at 400F