Abs Workout?

Options
Hello,

I'm looking to tone up my abs area and would like to know what is a good routine for doing so and generally how long it takes?

I have been doing Bicycle Ab workouts daily as I have read that is the most effective abs exercise.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me doing core excercises like the plank...I am so sore...its a good ab workout..if you dont know how to do it google it!!!
  • MarcAwesome
    Options
    My trainer has me doing core excercises like the plank...I am so sore...its a good ab workout..if you dont know how to do it google it!!!

Yes that is a good one. If done right it can have you feeling sore for a few days.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I did this tonight...

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/02/24/on-the-floor-abs-challenge/

It is super hard, but you really feel the burn :)
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Oh my. I learned how to do this for the first time yesterday (the trainer at the gym showed me). I am feeling it. LOL
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    plank, siccors kicks, boxing side crunches with weighted gloves or 3or5lbs weights,
  • MarcAwesome
    Options
    Yea, just thought I would ask around to see what works. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • MarcAwesome
    Options
    I guess it would help if I reduced my body fat as well as one person said "Technically, everyone has a 6-pack under their fat. The key to getting a 6-pack is to lower fat and tone the abs." The body fat will cover up the abs.