Legs are ALWAYS 'tired'

Options
My legs seem to be always tired. Walking up the steps is difficult at times. I do Zumba 3 times a week and 30 Day Shred 3-4 times/week and I just feel like my legs are getting a major beating that they cannot handle. I do not have a lot of fat on my legs, I feel like they are strong but this has been going on for over a month and even after a rest day or two, they get better until I work out again and it starts all over again. What am I doing wrong? Am I beating them up too much, or not enough?

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? When I'm slightly dehydrated I feel like my legs weigh 8 billion lbs.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I can try to up my water intake but I am drinking at least 64 oz a day....
  • kikibruce
    kikibruce Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know they saybananas are horrible to eat while watching your cals but potassium helps alot.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Things that have caused this issue with me:

-Dehydration

-Going too quickly from high heels to flatter workout shoes--your calves need to stretch first!

-Starting a run on a hill, going right from high heels. Back in the day when I was a good weight and was running on my lunch break, I took off the heels, put on the running shoes and started running immediately. VERY BAD PLAN. Once I started with a 5 minute walk and THEN ran, things went much better.

-No warmup-see above.

-No cooldown +stretch after exercise.

-Bad recovery. Do you eat a small 100-200 calorie carb and protein snack within an hour after your workout? This helps to replace the glycogen that you just depleted in your muscles.

You could actually have a medical issue going on here though, so don't rule that out. A phsyiatrist or osteopath would be a good choice for exploring whether there is something medical here.
  • AndrewTheWise
    Options
    Seems like you have high lactic acid build up due to low potassium. Eat a banana before and after to see how you feel.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I dont wear heels, so that is not the issue, but good to know.
    I know that I am always low in potassium. I just cannot seem to get enough daily. I will work on getting more into my diet and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone!
  • gertaagreta
    Options
    Maybe u have this "Tired legs syndrome" ... Read on http://www.mylifemadness.com/2013/11/tired-legs-syndrome.html for more information