Not Really New, but New to Posting=)

Options
Hello Everyone,

My name is Julia=) I live in Apollo Beach Florida, about 20 miles outside of Tampa. I think that myfitnesspal is the best invention ever! I started my journey May of 2010, when I seperated from my husband of 6 years. Yes, it was a hard time for me, and I didn't know what to do with all of the emotions I was going through. My weightloss started by accident. I didn't know what to do with my hurt, and I was starting to hit a bit of a depression, when a friend suggested I start to "run." She was like, "girl, just start running." Well, being 265 lbs, it was a challenge to start "running." I began walking everyday, then everntually worked my way up to jogging, and now, I can "run." Although I don't consider myself a "runner." I can if I need to. To make a long story short, I began working out, I joined a gym, and I've participated in 2 different 5k's this year=) I started this journey to try and keep my sanity, little did I know that this would become a way of life for me. I am now at 195 and feeling better than I have in years. I workout everyday and I'm addicted to cardio workouts=) Sweating is my favorite. Crazy I know. My goal is 150, I'm almost there. I will get there, and I can't wait. I know I skipped a lot, but if you want to know anything just ask. My divorce is almost final, I'm a different person, and I'm doing things I never thought I could do. I'm loving life, and loving the fact that my baby boy (1 1/2) will grow up knowing that anything is possible and life revolves around accomplishing the impossible, and living for more than just food. This is a lifestyle. It has to be. No secret weightloss formula! Nice to meet you all. My journey began, and will continue...

Replies

• bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Your attitude is first class and your motivations are the reason why you will succeed in achieving your goals.You will find all the support that you may need here.Good Luck and best wishes.
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hallo!
    Ive never intoduced myself ... but its great on here when you add friends... everyone is so positive.
    You'll ge there, and Im sure find motivation on here to keep you going.
    Add me as a friend if you like

Kathryn x
  • jsarm80
    jsarm80 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank You so much=) I'm at a place I never thought possible...I'm excited to continue forward. It's the only way to go...
  • Okgirl
    Okgirl Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Gives me some hope and inspiration.
    :)
  • jsarm80
    Options
    @okgirl

You are welcome. I've been on here for awhile and never posted. I need the support now more than ever, so it seemed right. It's def. a journey.
  • plainpam
    plainpam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is such a great forum for all. I log on and it helps with the food count. I have done weight watchers for 3 years, dont go to meetings anymore, but follow food that way. I weighed 220# at my highest, I am only 5ft2" so it was alot. Now I am in the 130s steady with exercise and watching food diary. This helps with calories. I workout to walk away the pounds DVDs. Friends are a great inspiration on here. Congrats on all of your life successes.
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I lived in Apollo Beach off Flamingo Dr :) Im a huge soccer fan too! Hi there neighbor!! Time to get those goals hit and make new ones!

Steph
  • jsarm80
    Options
    I live off golf and sea! Sweet. Getting them off one by one=) Nice to meet ya!