Alternative to Eggs for Protien?

Options
So I have came to the realization that I really don't like eggs, be it egg whites or whole eggs. My diet consists of 1 cup of egg whites every morning or 2 whole hard boiled eggs. Does anyone know of an alternative protien that I could substitute eggs for?

Thank you,

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my mom would put powered milk in recipes to sneak in extra protein. You could also try nuts or yogurt. Greek yogurt is especially high in protein.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter?
    Protein shake?
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    protien powder !
  • MereRae
    MereRae Posts: 39
    Options
    Try some cottage cheese and yogurt or some Light String Cheese. These are my daily staples for getting in protein and balancing carbs and proteins throughout the day.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I've become addicted to Silk's Unsweetened Organic Soymilk. 7g's of protein and 4 carbs for every 80 calories. i drink it all throughout the day. I would suggest that or a low calorie protein shake.
  • Charlie002
    Options
    tuna, salmon, turkey, chicken, greek yogurt,
  • Charlie002
    Options
    maybe tofu.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I really dislike eggs. The only way I can eat them is with a ton of cheese and preferably sausage on an English muffin or something... obviously not conducive to healthy eating :P
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm insanely busy in teh mornings getting everyone out the door, so lately I've been eating a Think THin protein bar (all natural, 20g protein, no added sugar).

But if that doesn't appeal to you, I don't really know anything that is as all around good as eggs in the morning. What if you fried it with sprinkle of cheese on top? Or added mushrooms, onions and feta to egg whites for an omelette?

Greek yogurt is good, lean turkey, soy sausage....
  • jackal75
    jackal75 Posts: 95
    Options
    I like to have yogurt with Kashi GoLean Crisp mixed in! I happen to ADORE eggs, but I am also trying to lower my cholesterol while losing weight. Two eggs bust my daily intake for Cholesterol...just two. :sad:

Kashi - Go Lean Crisp! - Toasted Berry Crumble, 51 g (1.8 oz/ 3/4 C) - 180 calories and 9g protein
    Dannon Light & Fit [insert flavor here] Yogurt , 6 oz - 80 calories and 5g protein

TOTAL - 260 calories / 14g protein / 8g fiber / only 5mg cholesterol / only 3.5g fat (unsaturated!)