unmotivated...help

Options
hi there...i strated off on mfp really motivated to eat well and exercise but lately after not losing for quite some time am feeling blah. How do i omph myself up and what can i do around that time of month cos this is what happens (no kidding). i get my period every 25 days and it lasts a whole week in that week i put on about 3kg and afterwards i go down to about the same. for example lately ive been around 81kg...got period went up to 84 now just finished and im about 81.5 then it takes me another week to get dwon to 81 then i prob gunna have to bust my but to get to 80 then i get my period again go up 3kgs then lose it etc so as u can see its taking forever to lose so because it seems neverending i feel quite frankly like chucking it in...but i dont want to..help

Replies

• debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No don't chuck it in. Remember what your goals are and why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. Have you tried drinking lots & lots of water?
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking lots & lots of water?
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water during your period....lay off the caffeine and eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. This has helped me to not gain during that time. Water is the main key though.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    But overall, you are losing weight, and that's what matters. Weight fluctuates week-to-week, day-to-day, hour-to-hour even....but you are making steady (albeit slow) progress toward your goal. Don't quit!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just remember that there will always be bumps in the road and even when you get to goal your weight will fluctuate. YOU CAN DO THIS! Have you tried setting a goal that you can work towards? Maybe a reward once you achieve that goal to give you something special to get excited about?

As far as TOM, I've been on the Depo shot for years for that very reason. Haven't had a period in years! 1 shot every 3 months and it's all taken care of! The best thing I've ever done! :tongue:

Good luck! Don't give up!
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try increasing the cardio during that time, i.e., running/walking. Do it more often to keep yourself distracted so that you don't think so much about the cravings. I know that when I exercise I am less hungry. I can start out starving and by the time I'm done I'm not even hungry. Also try watching what types of foods you're eating during that week. More fruits and veggies but don't completely deny yourself. Give yourself that one uncontrollable craving every day, but in moderation.

Good luck, hope this helps!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? Maybe you need to incorporate some excercise and that may help you speed up your losses so that you don't notice the flucuation at that time of month. I too bounce a few pounds up and then down during that time of month but you should be losing those other weeks and the gain should be just some water and bloat not actual weight.

I do agree to drink more water - watch your salt intake too. If you are not getting regular excercise you need to add some and if you are exercising you may need to increase your freqeuncy of workouts or the intensity.

Keep going with it... don't give up!! Everyone has times where they are stuck.. I took me forever to lose the 10 pounds I wanted but it finally came off thanks to writing down what I eat and upping my workouts. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    thankyou all for your kind, supporting words...i will perservere and try uping the water intake and exercise during that time of month. good to know theres people out there rooting for me!